Thursday, September 29, 2016

Easiest Ever Pumpkin Spice Muffins





I also feel this way about Thursdays!!! ;)

Pumpkin season is officially here for a lot of people and for the rest it's just around the corner. That means it's time to get out all of those yummy pumpkin recipes.

Today I've got a recipe for you that is seriously so easy to throw together and surprisingly delicious. When I was originally introduced to these by my friend Cindi (#thanks) I was a little skeptical since they only call for 4 ingredients, 5 if you throw caution to the wind and add nuts.

The recipe calls for a Spice Cake Mix and I usually keep one in my pantry but I was out...WHAT??? Ok, so now what?  This is where I consult my best friend, GOOGLE and he/she comes through yet again.  I find what I need to do to take a yellow cake mix and turn it into a spice cake mix.

To your yellow cake mix add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.

Because this is how life works, I of course had whole allspice. I got out my coffee grinder and threw some in and BOOM, ground allspice. Crisis averted!!!


If you have a Spice Cake Mix, you can forget about the grinder and spices...easy, peasy.


This HUGE mini muffin tin is AWESOME! #getone


This is a really thick batter.


Best tool for filling muffin cups of any size.  A larger one is perfect for cupcakes. 
#helpfulhint


Ready for the oven.


I'll bet you can't eat just one! They are bite size and so delicious.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Spice Cake Mix
1 Can Pumpkin Puree (Not Pumpkin pie filling)
1 Individual serving unsweetened apple sauce cup
1 bag Cinnamon Chips (sometimes these are seasonal, but WalMart always seems to have them)

Mix all ingredients together. Divide between paper lined muffin tins. This will make almost 5 dozen mini-muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. 

Since these have no oil, eggs, or butter  but do have pumpkin and applesauce I somehow feel a little less guilty eating them.

Let me know how you like them.

Lisa
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...