Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday Favorites #91

Happy Fri-yay friends and welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites! Check the link ups tab up top and see who I'm linking with today. You might find some new blogs to read while you're there.

This week has been a mix of feeling like it went by quickly and feeling like it's been two weeks since Monday. Do you ever feel that way? Anyway, I'm happy to see Friday roll around and share some highlights from my week.





Kent had Monday off for MLK day and so we decided to get out and do a little exploring. We've been in CA for 4 1/2 years and have seen quite a bit, but want to try and take advantage of the area while we are here. We drove down to Palo Alto. It's only about an hour away. We drove through the Stanford campus, saw the Google campus and went to a very upscale shopping center, I went into Louis Vuitton for the first time and looked at a Neverfull bag. I've been wanting one of these for a while after seeing so many bloggers with them. I've set a goal with my R&F business and once I reach it, I'm going to "reward" myself.
I'll be able to carry my things in it to the institution Kent will probably put me in for spending so much on one bag...LOL!


        

I've mentioned I started getting my nails "dipped". Well I'm here to tell you that I love it! The picture above is how my nails looked on Monday. It had been a month since I had them done. (before we went to VA for Christmas). Now granted, they REALLY needed to be redone, but I don't feel nearly as guilty getting a month out of them.

These don't peel like a shellac manicure and remove much easier. I did have trouble the first couple of times with cracking them, but she just dips them one additional time now and I've had no issues. If you are a nail-getter-doner girl, I'd encourage you to give this a try. 


Here they are currently. I went Wednesday and had them redone. The girl I go to does the best job and is just the sweetest.

I did see a kit where you can do your own, but I'd probably go have them done once just to get a feel for how to do them.



No shame in my game. We had a leaders lunch at bible study yesterday and someone brought these little bites of heaven. Goodness, they are delicious!


This is a picture from bible study too. I looked across the table and realized Sharon and I were twinning right down to our glasses. 



Kent loves French Toast (and so do I). Y'all, this is the BEST bread for it or eating alone. It's like eating a slice of cake. I find it at Costco and only buy it on rare occasions because we just don't need to eat it frequently. Try my favorite French Toast recipe here.

    




I'm really trying to remember to post my #ootd on Instagram and here's a round up of what I shared this week. 

Shop this post



                               
Loft is having yet another 50% off everything sale. Here are some things I have coming to house to try.



Have the best weekend friends and thanks for taking time to stop by and see what I have to say today.
And if you happen to be new around here I'd love for you to follow me on Bloglovin'FacebookInstagram & Pinterest and subscribe for email updates whenever there's a new post.

         
       

22 comments :

  1. Love all your super cozy sweaters!!!

    classysoutherntexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I might have an addiction😉

      Delete
  2. Hey Lisa! I found your blog through the 5 on Friday link up and it's so neat to see you're in the bay area too. We live in San Mateo! Anyway, love your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I hopped over to yours too and you have a darling family. How fun that we live so close...we need a blogger meet up in our area. Maybe someday!😊

      Delete
  3. Your nails are perfection! I seriously need to look into getting mine dipped. They've been so weak since I had Porter a year and a half ago. Also, as always, you're fashionable as heck! Teach me your ways, sister! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there cutie! Thanks so much. You should definitely try the dip. I love it. (have you tried taking Biotin to help strengthen them? That might help) You sure know how to make a middle aged mama feel good!!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. I totally cracked up at your comment of what your husband would think of you buying the bag. Haha! I hope you reach your goal soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I think I'll feel a little foolish spending the money on it, but I'll get over it...LOL Happy Monday! XO

      Delete
  5. Oh yes to the Neverfull bag! I'd love one but I don't see it in the cards for me - no worries, I'll live vicariously through you!
    Okay, those nails of yours. I love them - they look great, even when they needed to be redone! I got gel nails over the holidays and they didn't even last 2 full weeks before they started peeling off! Ugh! I bought an at home dip kit and I made a MESS of my nails. Honestly I should have known better, I'm not very graceful, nor detail oriented and I lack patience. But my former principal had the kit and did it just fine. I do think I'll treat myself though. Thanks for the inspo!
    You and your bible study friend twinning is so cute, isn't it funny when that happens!
    Can't wait to see your Loft haul, I'll be headed there this weekend to make some returns - ha!
    Have a fabulous weekend my friend!
    Hugs,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I'd make a hot mess of one of the kits too. There are just somethings that it's worth paying for. I don't feel so guilty making them stretch for a month. Good grief, girl. I made 3 separate orders at Loft this weekend. I'll be returning a bunch of stuff but I had to try. After you told me you ordered the camo, you know I had to get them too. LOL Thanks for the inspo. Hope you had a great weekend. Here's to week number two of working from home. Yippee!!! XOXO

      Delete
  6. CA looks so warm and pretty! LOL about carrying the bag to the institution. I can't justify buying expensive bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dara! We are lucky that our climate is very mild and when it rains it's just beautiful. Spring is definitely my favorite and driving around seeing the hills. That bag will be such a frivolous thing for me to do, but it's a goal. Maybe I'll just check myself in and have my head examined. hahaha! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Your nails look great and I love that bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh my goodness, I'd love to just sit down and eat the entire thing!

      Delete
  8. So guess what, I have literally ordered from The Loft 3 Times in the past 3 weeks, like a dozen items or more and so far, only returning 3, shhh don’t tell Mr. Nine. Oh and the LV, yeah I’d have to figure something out to make that fly but I want one soooo bad! LOVE your nails! You go have the BEST weekend sweet thang! You look so cute in all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are most certainly in good company with your Loft orders sweet friend. I got one delivery last week and made three new orders this weekend. Someone stop me! I can't resist 50% off. I know a lot of it will be returned. I'm in desperate need of some new dressier pants for church and they've changed the way the Julie fit fit so I had to order a bunch of different sizes to try and find some to work. (and my "menopause middle" as I call it isn't helping matters😩). Have the best week friend! XO

      Delete
  9. Well, I bet you'll be carrying that LV in no time. I had my nails dipped for a time but it just wasn't for me. Boo! That bread looks so good and I don't even eat bread but I'm sure I would that. Love your OOTD and you do so well on your selfies. I've got to practice. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for that vote of confidence sweet lady. Gotta' have goals, right? 😉 I'd like to sit down and just eat that entire loaf, but I have to have some self restraint. It's in the freezer for now until I'm ready for it. You'll get there with your selfies. It just takes practice. Lighting is what I really struggle with. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. XOXO

      Delete
  10. I have never heard of nail dipping. I will need to check that out. Have a Good weekend!

    Patty
    GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patty, you definitely should. I really like it. It last beautifully for me. Hope you had a great weekend!!!

      Delete
  11. I've gotten my nails dipped once and didn't love how thick it was, but I did love how long it lasted! I just got my third gel mani ever this past week because I'm so sick of how quickly regular nail polish chips (i.e. that it doesn't last a month, which admittedly may be an unrealistic goal, haha). Your comment about being able to pack all of your things in your new Vuitton when your hubby ships you off to an institution cracked me up! Good thinking! HAHA! And did you recently post about loving stretchy Rockstar jeans from Old Navy? Because I picked up a pair yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! Maybe you need to try a different person. This girl is really good about getting them to not look thick. I'm really lucky to have found her. That's exactly why I keep mine done. When I paint them on my own it doesn't even last 24 hours before it's chipping. Drives.me.crazy! I did post about Rockstar jeans and I'm posting about them again tomorrow. I hope you love yours as much as I do. Have the best week cutie pie!! XO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...