Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Mustard and Military

It's a big day around our house. The other baby bird will be flying home tonight. LOL We will all be excited to go to airport and pick Benny up. I've made a small dent in our Thanksgiving prep. Last week I made our favorite Sweet Potato Casserole and stuck it in the freezer. I no longer make a pumpkin pie because...#Costco. Their pumpkin pies are a delicious bargain. I do add a chocolate ganache to the top which ups the ante. Last night I made the brine for the turkey so I can get that soaking today.

Depending on the weather for Black Friday this outfit would be perfect for getting out and hunting down bargains. If it's cooler you can always add a coat and leave the military vest at home. 


After encouragement from several of you (thanks Allie and Kellyann) I finally bought a military vest and I love it. 


I purchased this same sweater last year and it was one of my favorites so I was really happy to see it come back this year. The mustard didn't really strike me at first but I'm loving it now that I've got it and trust me when I tell you that this sweater is so soft. It's currently showing as sold out, but you know how that goes at Nordstrom. It may be in stock later today. Just keep checking. A good alternative might be this one or this one.


I added what's probably the most popular infinity scarf ever. I love mixing patterns. If you are a little fearful of this I really can't encourage you enough. Just step out and DO.IT. You won't be sorry and once you start, you won't be able to stop.


It's always hot in those malls so you can choose to ditch the scarf and vest totally and still look perfectly put together. 


I had to put this picture in with the gorgeous colors of the leaves on this tree.  I love when the trees are turning all the shades of gold and orange. 

Happy Thanksgiving Eve friends. 
Check the Link Ups tab on the menu bar at the top to see who I'm linking with and don't forget to follow me on  Bloglovin'FacebookInstagram & Pinterest and subscribe for email updates whenever there's a new post.

Shop the look here







20 comments :

  1. I've always loved the color mustard and paired with that military jacket and scarf = perfection!!!!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family :) And that scarf, love love love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, you'd love that scarf. It's still a little bulky, but being infinity it's so much easier to handle. Hope you've been enjoying this Thanksgiving season. The wedding pictures were gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Benny coming home! I love this season and having family together again - I think it's the best part! You look just gorgeous as ever. I'm always fearful of patterns, but you pull them off beautifully! Gorgeous, Lisa! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend so far. You are such a sweet, sweet girl. Thank you for being so kind! You need to try the patterns and mix them. You'd be over the moon adorable!! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are on top of Thanksgiving plans! I just love that yellow sweater with the utility vest + scarf and alone! I really need to add more yellow into my closet!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Carrie. We've been having a ball with the kids home. Yes, add more yellow! I need to do the exact same😉

      Delete
  4. Sooo pretty! That sweater is one of my all time faves..look how Fall fabulous you look!! oooh what a brilliant idea to add the ganache!! I am making a sweet potato casserole as soon as I get off the computer here. Have fun going to get your Benny boy..I know your heart is full and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! It's such a good one. So soft and comfortable. I know you are enjoying having all those good looking guys home. Have a wonderful weekend girlie!!! XOXO Happy Black Friday ;)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful friend you are picture perfect and ready to snag some deals! Aren't you glad you have bossy friends that urge you to buy something as great as that military vest? It looks fabulous on you and I am loving your hair! I am so happy you'll have everyone home tonight - I know your heart will be full!
    Have the best day with that wonderful family of yours!
    Love ya girl,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't trade my bossy friends for anything😘 Thanks for the hair compliment. It stays out of my face better when I curl it and I'm trying to go longer without washing it😳 I know you are loving have the boys there. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!

      Delete
  6. I know you're excited to have Benny home! I bet the Costco pie with your ganache on top is amazing, probably beats a homemade pie! I love your pattern mixing and the mustard color on you, it's so pretty! Have a great thanksgiving!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the birdies are in the nest and I'm over the moon!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! XOXO

      Delete
  7. I am loving this layered combination! The mustard sweater is adorable on you! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I hope you guys had a wonderful first Thanksgiving as a family of 4. Happy Black Friday!!! XOXO

      Delete
  8. So glad you said yes to the vest! Looks so cute on you! Have a great day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for the encouragement. Allie, you were my first blogging buddy and I'm so thankful for you sweet girl. Enjoy your day and hug those kiddos for me...I feel like I know them and you. XO

      Delete
  9. I love all kinds of chocolate ganache so that sounds so good. And I love your mustard striped tee. Between the colors of the top, scarf and vest, you are Fall-ified to perfection, Lisa! =))

    Hope your Thanksgiving is awesome. Welcome by and join my linkup now!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/11/thursday-moda-90-perfect-trendycozy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my chocolate loving heart, Ada! Thanks and I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Happy Black Friday!

      Delete
  10. Well you certainly have me wanting that sweater!! I love this outfit. Hope you are enjoying your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a good one. It's my second one like that. So soft. We had a great day yesterday! Hope you did too. Happy Black Friday!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...