Hey friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This was our first run of the mill weekend in almost a month. Sometimes it's nice to just get back in the groove of normal and go with it.
That being said...we are now counting down to our trip NEXT WEEK to Hawaii.
#aloha
Friday I was just heading out the door when I found a package on my porch. Who doesn't love a package? And when you know it's from a super sweet friend, well that's just the bees knees.
This little blog of mine has brought about some great blessings, but the one I'm most thankful for is the friendships. Seriously. I have the sweetest group of blogging buddies anyone could ask for. I talk about y'all all the time. This sweet package came from one of my blogging besties, Kellyann. If you aren't reading her blog, This Blonde's Shopping Bag you need to change that today. She's just the sweetest person and has such a great sense of style. She's an elementary school guidance counselor and I just know those little kids adore her as much as I do.
Kellyann sent me this perfect array of goodies. She really knows me. Love of candles✔️,
Love of Caramel M&M's✔️, Love of Nail polish✔️, Love of sweet jewelry✔️.
Kellyann, Thank You!!! ❤️
What a great way to kick off the weekend!
Saturday finally felt like fall. I walked downstairs and Kent even commented on me looking ready for fall. You just know you've got a great thing going when some of the things in your closet continue to show up year after year. This tunic and leopard flats do just that. These flats are my favorites. They're a little pricey, but worth every penny. They are cute and COMFY and go with so much. I wear them repeatedly in the fall and spring and living in California means I even wear them all winter.
Saturday night we went to a dinner and silent auction for the Agape Villages Foster Family Agency. They are a local foster agency that our church is very involved with. Some friends from church buy a table every year and have been kind enough to ask us to join them the last two years. It's a fun night out and a chance to help a great organization.
There was a photo booth we got coaxed into doing. Just a couple of crazy kids we are.
You also know you've got something good when you use it down to the last little bit. This bronzer/highlighter from Mac has been my favorite for 2 compacts worth. LOL
Now it's no longer available. Why is it when you just fall in love with a product it has to be discontinued?
So now I'm thinking one of these three may be the answer.
Sunday I wore this cute little dress I picked up at Target last week. I got a ton of compliments on it. I wore leggings with it because it's a little shorter than I'm comfortable with at "my age". People are always amazed when you say something is from Target. It pays to cruise through their clothes regularly.
I also picked up this dress. It runs a little small so you might size up. I'm typically a small with no problems, but this one was a little tight across the back.
This dress is another one I spotted in store a while back and they are gone at my store now. I'm still thinking I might need to order it. It would be so cute with leggings, tights or even burgundy skinny jeans.
Kellyann shared these embroidered jeans and I loved them. I'd been looking for a pair and these are perfect. I don't want to sink a lot of money on something that I consider to be pretty trendy, but these are pretty cheap so I went for it. She sized down, I did not. While I could pour myself into a 2, I like to exhale during the day. LOL Oh! and I'm 5'3"ish and they are full length on me.
They are also available in black.
I've been thinking about a utility vest for quite some time and I think this one is the answer. The collar isn't too big and the color green is perfect.
Okay y'all. That about wraps up all the goodness I've got for you this Monday.
Have a great day!
Shop this post here









LOVE the care package from your blogging bestie- I am jealous! I had a few blogging buddies but they have stopped blogging for now- miss them so much! I can't believe you are going to Hawaii- can't wait to read all about your trip!
ReplyDeleteLots of great Target finds! Loved y'all's photo booth pics!
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Laura! That was our first time to do that. Yeah, we kinda live under a rock. HAHAHA! Happy Monday!
DeleteWhat a darling little dress and let me tell ya, you and the Mr. Clean up real nice! Eek you have to be so excited to go to the land of leis and paradise! Kellyann is such a doll! That's the perfect utility vest! Hope your week is off to a sweet start.
ReplyDeleteYou might need that dress too! I just finished writing tomorrows post and thought about you the whole time. I think you'll love it. (are you so curious...lol) Hope your weeks going beautifully!! XOXO
DeleteOkay, first things first, buy the utility vest! It's the best and you'll love it! Speaking of love, I LOVE The dresses you got at Target - so stinkin cute on you! The pictures of you and Kent is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOk, my husband packed the package because he doesn't trust me! Looks like he did a good job and I am so glad you liked it. You are just one of the sweetest people and I have so loved getting to "know' you. Blogging has blessed me in ways I never guessed and for that I am grateful. It really makes all the difference. Thanks for your friendship!
I can't wait for your Hawaii trip! I am anxious to hear all about it and see all the great pictures, you all are going to have a great time!
Love ya girl!
xo,
Kellyann
I'm going to get that vest. I bet it will look cute with "our" jeans too...hahaha. Tell your hubs he did an awesome job of packing the box. It was in perfect shape and not a scratch on any of the goodness that was inclosed. I booked a luau today. That should be so fun. Hope your week started off wonderfully!! XOXO
DeleteSay yes to the vest! I have that exact one and love it! I got a leopard scarf finally and can't wait to wear them all together!
ReplyDeleteHey friend! I think I am going to order that vest. I'd better get on it or they'll sell out. Can't wait to see yours with your new scarf. You'll have to put it on Instagram. Miss reading your blog everyday.😘
DeleteWell, will go over and check out Kelly Anne's blog in a minute. Love your Target finds, too cute! And, off to Hawaii next month, what fun! Always enjoy stopping by here! Happy week!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lea!! We are so excited about our trip. I booked a Luau today. Hope your week is off to a great start! XO
DeleteOh. Where do start here?
ReplyDeleteWell, for starters I've had a similar month and managed one day at home between trips so, like you, I'm so longing to get home on Thursday.
Agree, Kellyann really is The Best Girlfriend and the friendships made is the best reward from blogging.
You and hubby are so cute in your booth shots.
Yes, I've been down that sorry make up discontinued pit several memorable times in my adult life. So frustrating, if I think it's a great product/colour/smell then surely many others do too, and I have NEVER found good replacements for the discontinueds.
You look absolutely amazing in that dress and so is your night-out outfit too.
Think that's my lot but you may well find a p.s. later! Hugs, x.
You've got to tell me your name...I can't find it anywhere on your blog and I've searched high and low. You are just so darn cute. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. You are such a sweetie. XOXO
DeleteSurprise packages are so much fun! And you're right, the friendships are the best! I am loving the Fall looks! And I do like the green utility vest. I'm envious of your Hawaii trip! Oh how fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks Trista! We've been talking about it for the last 15 years. I can't believe it's actually time to go. We're both getting excited. Hope you are having a great week! How's the Mylicon working?
DeleteKellyann makes those jeans look like a dream and how precious of her to send you a gift and that pumpkin waffle candle is one of my favorites! Hawaii....I'm SO jealous!! You are going to have such a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't she though?! They are great jeans. I wore mine yesterday! We've been saying we'd go to Hawaii for our 25th for about 15 years. I can't believe it's actually here...or that we've been married 25 years. That's a loooong time...makes me feel a little old.😜 Have a great day!
DeleteI literally laughed out loud at your comment about wanting to exhale during the day and therefore going a size up in the jeans. Hahahaha.
ReplyDeleteAnd YES to caramel M&Ms, nail polish, and a pumpkin candle!
Hahaha! I'm always happy to make people laugh!!! Maybe the caramel M&M's are why I couldn't size down😜😳😂 Happy Tuesday!
DeleteI've been thinking about a utility vest too. I like the collar on the one you found too! I'm also a MAC fan and use those down to the last little bit too. Glad you had a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
pumps and push-ups
Okay, you were just the push I needed. After I read your comment I ordered it! Yippee!! I'm going to go on Ebay and see if I can find that same MAC compact. My daughter was equally bummed yesterday when I told her it wasn't available anymore. Happy Tuesday!!!
DeleteYour photo booth pictures are so fun! And how fun to get a surprise in the mail. I am so excited for you guys and your Hawaii trip! You are going to have the best time! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenny! We are getting pretty pumped too! Happy Hump Day friend!
Delete