Hey friends! I hope your weekend was as fun as mine was! October has started off with a bang in our house. I've told y'all we have lots of things to celebrate in this month and we'll get to one of those in a few, but first...
I'm so excited to be going back to Nashville tomorrow for another visit. I know, it seems like I was just there, but thankfully I've got some great excuses to go back again and I'll hopefully get to see some of the beautiful fall foliage. We don't get to experience much of that here in California and it's something I miss.
Today is another edition of the The Blended Blog Ask...Fall Theme. Are you ready to find out a few things about me? I love finding out what I have in common with my blogger friends and I'd love for you to shout out some of your answers in the comments.
1 - Favorite Fall Sweet Treat? Hmmm....this one didn't just pop in my head, but I'm going to have to say Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. YUM!
2 - Red, Yellow or Green Apples? Green! Have you ever had Ginger Gold Apples? They are my favorite and they are only available for a few months in the fall. They're a cross between a Granny Smith and a sweeter apple and here's the coolest part...when you cut them, they don't brown! Yep, tried, tested and amazing. Go find some!
3 - Favorite Fall Sport To Play? Hahaha! If you know me, you know I don't play sports.
4 - Best Drink For Fall? Raise your hand if your first thought is Pumpkin Spice Latte๐๐ผ
5 - Favorite Fall Activity? I always loved taking our kids to the pumpkin patch and look forward to the day when we get to do the same thing with some sweet little grand-children.
6 - Must Have Fall Purchase? New sweaters.
7 - Pumpkins: Pick your own or store bought? I love to pick our own, but these days I'm buying them.
8 - Real or fake pumpkins? Real!๐๐๐
9 - Favorite Halloween costume? I didn't like dressing up even as a child and I like the thought of it even less today. Every party has a pooper and I just might be it. #sorrynotsorry
10 - College Football or NFL? College. BOOMER SOONER!
11 - Fall or Halloween Decor? A mix of both, but on Halloween night I have to take down the Halloween things because I'm so sick of them.
12 - Raking Leaves or No Leaves To Rake? No leaves to rake
13 - Favorite Soup? Homemade tomato
14 - Favorite Fall Candle Scent? Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
15 - Love or Hate Pumpkin Spice? I love it but I'm not completely obsessed. I'm actually kind of amused at just what a phenomenon it's turned into.
16 - Short Booties or Tall? I wear both, but I think short booties would be my preference.
17 - Favorite Halloween Candy? M&M's and just why is there no M&M emoji???
18 - PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) Yes or No? YES! but I'll only have one or two per season because of the calories. Dern those pesky calories.
19 - Hayride or Corn Maze? Corn Maze
20 - Favorite Fall TV Show? I have a feeling we'll see a lot of "This Is Us" as the answer here and I do love that show, but American Housewife is probably really my favorite.
So now for a few highlights from our weekend.
You know I've crowned myself the Halo Top Queen and like to keep you informed when I find one of the new flavors. Okay y'all, this one is GOOD. Like really good. If you like coffee ice cream then you are going to want hunt some of this down. Stat!
I can't believe I'm really going to broadcast this to the free world, but on Saturday I'm turning the
BIG 5-0!
Well since Kent and I won't be together he surprised me Saturday with a "treat". We love Nothing Bundt Cakes so naturally those were involved, but there was also a pretty little "Tiffany Blue" box.
What girl doesn't want a box from Tiffany's? So I'm thinking turning 50 may not be so bad after all.
I love it!!!!
#thnxbubbie
After my surprise we ran some errands and came home for dinner.
I've made my own cauliflower pizza crust before and we really like it, but it takes a little effort. I'd heard good things about this one from Trader Joe's so I picked one up.
I topped it with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese and put it right on the oven rack to bake as directed.
Getting it off the rack was next to impossible because it had stuck to it, so we ended up with a pile of pizza. LOL It was a hot mess, but I'm here to tell you it tasted great. I'll buy it again and next time try it on a pizza pan or stone.
Sunday was a gorgeous day and we went to church and then up to a nice outdoor shopping area for lunch and a TON of returns.
#ihatereturns
So now it's time for me to get to it around here. I've got a lot to get done to get ready to leave tomorrow and I'll fill you in tomorrow about what's on tap for the next two weeks.
Happy Monday!




Happy Early birthday! You, my dear, simply cannot be 50! I mean, I know you are on paper, but to look at your gorgeous self...no way Jose!! Eek, so exciting you're going to Nashville! Katie will be happy to have mama back in town and celebrate your special day! Aww that Mr. of yours with the lil cakes and blue box! He's a keeper! ;-) Always so happy to have you join our link-up!! I love Fall most of ALL! Safe travels sweets!
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet friend!!! WHEN we meet๐ you will see the wrinkles...LOL. He's a keeper for sure and his helper is pretty good too. Thanks for hosting a fun link up!! Happy Monday!!! XOXO
DeleteHappy Happy Early Birthday to one of dearest blog friends!! Kent did a wonderful job on your gift! The bracelet is just gorgeous! Have fun kicking it up in Nashville this week!
ReplyDeleteThanks a million Laura!!! I decided I could either go into it kicking and screaming or just embrace it. Y'all will be sick of hearing about it by the time it's all over...LOL. Let the celebrating begin!!! Happy Monday!!! XOXO
DeleteHappy Birthday Beautiful Lady! LOVE the bracelet and bundts- perfect :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Early Birthday! I love a great nothing bundt cake and Kent did great on your gift! Jess at Just Jess
ReplyDeleteThank you Jess...Looks like I'm going to milk this one for all it's worth. May as well enjoy it! Have a great week. XO
DeleteWell, my dear, your life is just beginning and it only gets better. Happy 50th, you wear it well! And, love the mini bundts and of course, anything from Tiffany has to be special. Loved your fall answers! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lea! I'm going to embrace it and roll with the punches...although I could have done without the AARP card that showed up in the mail Friday...LOL. Happy Monday!!! XOXO
DeleteGreat list. Love that idea regarding the pizza crust. I never heard of it BUT got to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Aw, thank you Cindi! Seriously, the crust tasted great...I've just got to figure out how to keep it in one piece...LOL Have a great week!!!
DeleteWoo hoo here comes the big 5-0!!!!! I am so excited for you getting to head back to Nashville for your special day. You're right every girl loves a Tiffany blue box.Such a special treat!I hope your trip is uneventful and you get there in no time and then have a fabulous time while you're there! I can't wait to see pictures. Well,I am off to watch Collin's last home gold game this afternoon, ugh, this Senior year of his is going by too quickly.
ReplyDeleteMake it a great one my beautiful friend!
xo,
Kellyann
For real....can you believe it's already October???? Hope the game went great! Saw the pic on Insta. Fingers crossed I get there without incident. It's a direct flight, so hopefully all will go according to plan and tomorrow night I'll have dinner with my kiddos❤️. Hope you had a great day sweet friend!!! XOXO
DeleteIf you really end up making a lot of these pizzas, they make a round wire mesh thing that would work. It's actually for cooking pizzas on an outdoor grill but it'd be perfect for this use.
ReplyDeleteThat does sound perfect, Lisa! Thanks for the tip. I'll check into it. The crust really is good. Have a great week! XO
DeleteI live just outside of Nashville, and our trees haven't really started turning yet. So disappointing! It's been in the upper 80s/lower 90s here lately, so I'm afraid we're not going to have good colors this year. Enjoy your visit! =)
ReplyDeleteThanks Amber! Of course I've checked the weather for y'all. Looks like next week the temps will drop slightly. Maybe that will trigger the change. Fingers crossed!
DeleteHappy happy birthday to you!! You are fabulous at 50! I need to try that crust from Trader Joe's, I love how they make healthy eating easy!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
pumps and push-ups
Thanks so much Brooke! This is going to be a fun birthday for sure. I'm just going to embrace it!!! You are a sweetie! XOXO
DeleteSo excited for your big day! What sweet gifts from Kent! And what is this nonsense about not loving to dress up for Halloween and being over the decorations!?!
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm just an odd-ball. Hope your week is off to a good start. How's the job going? XOXO
DeleteHappy Birthday!!!!! Have you ever posted your tomato soup recipe? I am looking for a Good one? Maybe we can do a blog collaboration on this?
ReplyDeletePatty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com
Hi Patty! No, I haven't but I should. Sounds like a good plan! Maybe when I get back from this trip, but before we leave for Hawaii. What are you thinking? Happy Tuesday!!!
DeleteThinking about a way we can share your soup and then I can Good Better Best the recipe and share. Email me at GoodBetterBestFood@gmail.com and we can chat more about it. Have the Best weekend!
DeleteI'm with you -- American Housewife is hands down, my favorite show this fall! The humor in it just gets me every time!
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday!!
Thanks Laura!
DeleteWe literally sit there laughing! Love it!!!
Happy, happy birthday! The big 5-0 is a big deal, and you certainly don't look it. Nothing beats a little blue box, and I'm so glad your sweetie spoiled you on your birthday. Have a safe trip to Nashville.
ReplyDeleteLots in common on our lists - same fave candle scent and I also love pumpkin with chocolate chips! I need to look for those apples...never heard of that kind. :)
Oh thank you, Tanya! I'm trying to keep Father Time at arms length, but sometimes I think he's winning๐. Hope your week is off to a great start! XOXO
ReplyDeleteFifty is getting close for me too! No wonder we have so many things in common....didn't know you were a Libra!
ReplyDeleteLibra sisters. Did I see somewhere your birthday was the 15th? That's Katie's birthday too. :)
DeleteAwe Happy Birthday. Love the bracelet you got. I need to find those ginger apples. I can't believe they don't turn brown.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! I was so excited when I stumbled upon them not browning. So great to cut and take along or for parties, etc... Happy Tuesday!!!
DeleteThere should definitely be an M&M emoji!
ReplyDeleteFor real!!!
Delete