Now way. Today is the 30th of October. That means a lot of big things are on the horizon. Things like our trip to Hawaii TOMORROW!!! Then when we get back it will only be a little less than 2 weeks until Katie and Erin arrive for Thanksgiving, and a few days after they get here, Benny will arrive. Poor guy. Welcome to the real world, where jobs dictate your vacation.
So the big question is...Have you started thinking about Black Friday?
Our weekend was uneventful by most standards, but we enjoyed it. Here's a quick peak.
Katie went with her "friend" Luke to a rehearsal dinner. Can I tell you how awesome FaceTime is! She just calls me up and says which shoe, which earring, and yada yada. I love it!
Last night I received this picture. Aren't they adorable?! Best part is she's so happy. This little girl has had some hard relationships since starting college, but this one looks like it promises to be much better. (Oh, and btw, shhhh...they are now dating😉)
We got a new ipad! Yippee! Ours was 4 years old and had gotten to where it would hardly respond. I mostly use it at night before I go to sleep to cruise Pinterest and such, so we just traded our old one in on a basic model. The trade in value was $110, so we thought that was pretty good. I ordered this case with a keyboard to go with it. I've also downloaded a bunch of shows from our DVR to watch on the flights.
Thanks to Shelly's advice I ordered this wide angle lens to go on our cell phones. I figure we will probably end up mostly taking "selfies" on our trip and this looks like it will really come in handy. If you aren't an Amazon Prime member but love to order and want free 2 day shipping, click here and join now.
It was finally cool enough to wear some "fall-ish" Saturday. OU was playing and while that wasn't really my motivation for choosing this top, it worked out well. #boomersooner I love this Free People tunic I purchased last year and it's back this year too. Free People clothes are some of my favorites.
Sunday morning I pulled this outfit together for church.
And because I knew there would MINUTES where I'd be cold, I added one of my favorite sweaters. This circle cardigan is like being wrapped in a hug. Cheesy right? Yes, but oh so true.
We finally shared our first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season and it was yummy.
Since we will be gone for Trick or Treating tomorrow night I wanted to take the girlies next door some special treats. Truth be told, even if we were here I would still do something special for them.
They were all kinds of cute in their little tiger ears and of course couldn't bust into their goodies fast enough.
Thanks for stopping by today friends. I'd better get a move on. I probably don't have to tell you if I post, it will be spotty at best until we return. I hope you have a great week.
Shop this post





PSL in da house!!!! Great weekend but even greater day tomorrow!!!! Hugs, hugs and more hugs!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe we waited until the end of October...that's what you call restraint. Thanks sweet friend!!! XOXO
DeleteENJOY HAWAII!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!! SO EXCITED!!!
DeleteHave a fabulous trip and I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Bev!
DeleteOh my goodness, Katie and her "friend" are so super cute together!!!! You have such a beautiful daughter, darn it all, why can't Nolan be at her school and date her? Wouldn't that be amazing?
ReplyDeleteNow I'm thinking I need to get that lens for my phone. I saw it on Shelly's blog but thought nah, I don't really need it but now hmmmmm....it would be nice for large group selfies. Report back and let me know how you like it.
BTW, you look terrific in those jeans with your Free People top. I can't wait to see what you pack for Hawaii!
And aren't you the sweetest neighbor putting together sweet treats for those little cutie pies! They are adorable, how fun to get to spoil them!
Alright friend, I hope you have a great night and a wonderful trip, Happy, happy 25th Anniversary to you and Kent!
xo,
Kellyann
Oh my gosh. Wouldn't that be awesome if they met and fell in love❤️ I'll let you know how the lens works out. Shelly said she loved hers. It was pretty cheap too. You're going to be so disappointed in my Hawaii clothes. I didn't buy a single new thing to take. I kept meaning to get at least a new swim suit and just never got around to it. LAME! You'll be seeing the same old tired clothes, but gorgeous new scenery. You are a doll! Have a wonderful week. (it's cold enough to wear a sweater here today, so I had trouble packing summer clothes...LOL) XOXO
DeleteWhat a fun time you are about to have! Our SIL graduated from OSU and his blood runs black and orange. How funny! Katie and date are so, so cute! And, I'm about to go and check out that lens. Happy travels!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lea! We are having a wonderful, relaxing time! Oh my...OSU...that's their biggest rival. I think we'll be watching the game even here in Hawaii. Have a wonderful week!!!
DeleteHave a wonderful getaway! Yea for a new iPad! Mine is on it's last leg...would you believe it's from 2011?! That keyboard case looks really nice.
ReplyDeleteHi Tanya! We are having a wonderful time. I left the keyboard at home, but I'm anxious to see how I like it. Hope you had a great week!! XOXO
DeleteI hope Hawaii is amazing! I love how this post is brimming with happiness and positivity!
ReplyDelete--Roxanne
http://glassofglam.com
Thank you Roxanne! We are having a wonderful time. I hope your week is going great! :)
DeleteHave the best time on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it! Katie and her new friend are so cute together! What a gorgeous girl you have!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jenny. We thing she's rather pretty, but I know we are prejudice. We are having a wonderful time and enjoying every single minute. We went to Leilani's for dinner and the fish tacos were DELICIOUS. Kent considers himself an aficionado and says they're the best he's ever had. Thanks for the recommendation! XOXO
DeleteYour little neighbor girls are too cute! I can only imagine just how happy seeing your girl happy makes you..I am patiently waiting for that day! Have fun with the lens and don't get too crazy on vacation!
ReplyDeleteThose little girls are a hoot. They LOVE to come in our house and look at everything. I'm so happy seeing her happy. She had a rough go last year with the guy she was seeing. We've used the lens a few times and it works great! Thanks for the heads up. We're too boring to get crazy...lol XO
DeleteI am already planning my Black Friday shopping! It's a tradition for my friends and I to go and shop all night, so excited! I'm also excited for Katie, what a cutie!! So glad she's happy! Have fun in Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
pumps and push-ups
What a fun tradition. I use to get up at the butt crack of dawn and go, but now I'm too lazy...lol I'll be excited to meet her new beau when I'm there in February. We are having a wonderful, relaxing time. It's gorgeous and wonderful here! Hope your week is going well too, Brooke!
DeleteYour daughter looks so happy! Enjoy Hawaii and save travels.
ReplyDeletePatty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com
She is and I love that. We are having the best time. Hope your weekend is going beautifully!!!
DeleteSo happy for your sweet Katie! Finding good, lasting relationships in college are hard, but she looks so happy <3
ReplyDeleteAlso, my goodness, you look beautiful in all those outfits! Teach me your ways!
Thank you Melissa! I'm so happy for you and your boys that your sweet husband is home. I hope you are having the most wonderful time getting all caught up. XOXO
DeleteI feel like every day is "Blue Saturday" of paying bills, hahaha! Oh, adulthood! Hope you're having a wonderful time on your trip!!!
ReplyDeleteWouldn't life be just that much sweeter if there were no bills?! We are having a ball. Enjoy the extra hour of sleep this weekend. XOXOX
Delete