Monday, September 25, 2017

Ringing In Fall


It's official! Fall is here, or as I like to call it Flummer. Fall in the morning and summer in the afternoon making it extremely hard to figure out what to wear. I know you know what I'm talking about. All I can say is thank goodness for cardigans.๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

We had our normal empty nester weekend of coming and going as we please. I'm telling y'all, this empty nest thing in some ways is awesome. Yes, I absolutely miss having the kids here and knowing all about their days and just hanging out with them around the house. But I'm also here to tell ya' that flying by the seat of your pants isn't so bad either and eating out is much cheaper. #lookforthesilverlining

 We popped in Target Friday night and look what we found.


You know I'm all about me some Halo Top and well pumpkin...duh. Here's the "skinny" on it (see what I did๐Ÿ˜œ) If I'm using Andrea's pumpkin scale I'd have to say 
4 on a scale of 5. This was pretty darn good. The only think I couldn't quite figure out was the texture. It had little bits in it that I assume were supposed to be "crust". We of course topped ours with whipped cream and YUM!

Then Saturday we were out and I was on the hunt for these two pumpkin treats.
 

 Tammy did a great tutorial video on how she makes her own PSL using this coffee. (she actually used Pumpkin Pie, but I found this one) I came home and recreated it and it was delicious and I can promise it will be my afternoon treat for the next little bit. I also picked up these Pumpkin Biscotti after Andrea named them a favorite. These little nuggets are perfect with my PSL and I'm thinking about dipping the bottoms in dark chocolate because...why not?!



I'd also been on the hunt for this yogurt that Andrea and Laura had both recommended. It must be good because Target was all out of the small ones, so I just had to bite the bullet and get a big one. I'm thinking I'll try this today, so stay tuned.



These two were in Atlanta at my brothers this weekend and he sent me this picture. Them being close was a long time coming and mama's if your little people can barely tolerate each other I'm here to tell you not to lose hope. Now these two monkey's of mine are great buddies and protectors of each other.

Erin was with them and they all went to a sporting goods store. So while the boys were shopping, the girls were sending me these on Snapchat and cracking me up.




Kent and I were on our way back from our bagel walk and not to be outdone, I sent them these.



 I don't know if they girls thought they were funny, but I did...LOL
#imeasilyentertained

If you follow me on Instagram you saw this yesterday.


Y'all this dress is seriously one of my all time favorite dresses. (and on super sale) I had another friend text me yesterday and she had just ordered it too. It's really that cute! I wore my blush cardigan with it to church so I could take it on and then off and then and off and....you get the picture. #thankyouhotflashes





And this cozy tunic is on SALE! I bought it last year and loved it and it's available again this year with a few colors being on sale.

I've also gone ahead and rounded up some other great transitional pieces that are all currently marked down.



So there you have it. A weekend review with a lot of good finds. 
Hope you have a great week!
                                           



29 comments :

  1. Whoop whoop, this post is brimming with Fall Goodness and Lisa CUTENESS!! I'm beyond flattered you used my pumpkin rate scale!!!!!!! You know I'm in major LOVE with that dress! My goodness you sure rounded up some mighty fine blogger blame buys, lol!! Hope you have a super start to your week "punkin'!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sweet, sweet girl! Tell Mr. Nine thanks for the darling pumpkins! Hope you had a superb Monday!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh lovely Lisa, I LOVE the dress. Kellyann looks superhot in hers as do you. It's that sort of dress. Just read her dress post and rushed over to yours to see if the dress had arrived. It is a gorgeous dress and you look amazing, especially in your pink cardi which I am loving a little bit more each time I see it. Enjoy many wears ahead in your pretty frock, my friend. Hugs, x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thank you! That dress is a winner for sure and does all the hard work for you...lol. Happy Monday!

      Delete
  3. Happy Monday lady ! You are the sweetest to share my recipe for my at home pumpkin spiced latte ! Yum, I'm going to look for that yogurt too :) I love love that dress and paired with the jean jacket, WIN, WIN !!! Enjoy your day beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yogurt was yummy. Much better than the Chobani pumpkin flavor...yuck. Thanks for the sweet words! Hope your week is off to a great start!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. What fun pictures you all sent back and forth - so cute!
    I haven't found any good Halo Top lately and I'm still on the hunt for the new Breyers stuff. I was all about looking for pumpkin stuff this weekend,I found some yummy donuts and coffee. The donuts were from Entenmann's and they were BOGO so we got apple cider and pumpkin spice, both were yummy!
    If I don't show some restraint I'm going to need to run to California to visit you so I can burn off all these calories, gheesh!
    Love seeing your beautiful face!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only found the vanilla Breyer's...it's in the freezer waiting on me to make a fruit crisp to go with it๐Ÿ˜‰. I got that Pumpkin HT at Target...maybe check there? We saw both of those Entenmann's when we were in Target but knew better than to buy them. hahaha Run on over here girl...we'll go to Ghirardelli for ice cream๐Ÿ˜œ XOXO

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all the pumpkin recommendations and love your cute fall signature! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! It's definitely pumpkin season. Hope your week is off to a good start!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Regine! Hope you are feeling well and your week is off to a good start! XO

      Delete
  7. I finally found Halo at our Giant. I was surprised it was $5 for such a small container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not cheap, but I just figure it would cost that much to get a blizzard or something and it's better for you๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm great at rationalizing...lol

      Delete
    2. I have no problem buying a $5 Starbucks dress no, but I couldn't buy the Halo. I know it makes no sense.

      Delete
  8. Lisa---well I must think like you do, because I was entertained also!!!
    Thanks for joining in on the "On Monday's we Link up"
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Jodie. Have a great week!! XO

      Delete
  9. Oh, I love it, Flummer! That is so cute! And, what a cute brother/sister picture and yes, they usually do grow to love each other. And, yes, the empty nest really is quite enjoyable once you get adjusted to it. We've been at it over 20 years so we're well adjusted to it. Love all the fashions, especially the cowl neck.... And, the Halo, I haven't seen that flavor here but I will keep looking. I'm currently enjoying the Oatmeal Cookie flavor. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oatmeal Cookie is one of my favorites, that and Red Velvet are probably our top 2. Happy Monday!! XO

      Delete
  10. I totally want to try that Halo Top pumpkin pie ice cream. I love their birthday cake one. Let me know how the yogurt is. I saw it, but wasn't sure if I would like it. Loving all the Fall clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, the yogurt was yummy. It kind of had a cheesecake taste. YUM! I added walnuts and dark chocolate chips to it and ate the entire thing. (I need to find the small ones) I love me some Halo Top! Hope your week started off with a bang! XOXO

      Delete
  11. I want to try that pumpkin halo top! I pretty much want to run to Trader Joe's and buy up all the pumpkin flavors as well! Yay fall!!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get some, Brooke!!!! The coffee is from TJMaxx...I should have mentioned that. I had some this afternoon with a couple of biscotti. Perfect treat!!! Happy Monday! XO

      Delete
  12. Flummer... hahaha! That jeans jacket and dress that you're wearing is perfection! Definitely put that one on repeat often! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love that you gave those silly photos right back at your kids, that's too funny. i finally tried halo myself, and while it's good, i definitely feel that i will eat it in moderation. i guess that's the idea. and trader joe's pumpkin bars are my favorites...i have three boxes in my desk at work, b/c once they're gone, they're gone, and i'll eat them well into november.
    happy flummer (also cracked me up!)
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's moderation? LOL I don't even open a container of Halo Top unless I'm planning to finish it off. #noselfcontrol Have you tried the ginger snaps from TJ's? They have little pieces of crystalized ginger in them and are delicious. My favorite ginger snap! Have a great weekend! XOXO

      Delete
  14. Love the fun statue photos! heeh. i am with you on pumpkin spice everything Lisa. we get the best pumpkin spice coffee from fresh Market and that ice cream aounds so good you posted! love your dress and cardi, very pretty color on you. I know what you mean about flummer here in the South! ;-0)
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess!! Thanks for popping over! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! XO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...