Monday, September 18, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up and Loft Sale

Hey friends and happy Monday! Are you ready for what the week has in store? First up today let me tell you that Katie finished pledging and made it all the way through. Hallelujah! Thank y'all for all the sweet thoughts, words and prayers to support this mama while she worried about her girlie. Naturally she's ecstatic it's over and she's a part of the "sisterhood". She's tired and getting a cold from lack of sleep. I hope she'll be able to keep it from getting bad.


These are her besties and now her "sisters".



What a couple of cuties!

top / jeans / sandals / necklace / earrings

Saturday Kent and I went for our "bagel walk" (over 7 miles...we were tired) and then ran errands. I wore this cold shoulder top I got during the Nordstrom sale. My friend Kellyann had this top and after I saw it on her I knew I'd better get one. It's is the perfect transition piece. The cold shoulder trend is still going strong and what I really love about it is you can still wear a sweater over it. I also love the way this shirt has the look of a half tuck so effortlessly. It's very flattering and easy to style.

Shop this look


Sunday afternoon we headed for one of our favorite brunch restaurants. It's in a shopping center with a lot of great outdoor seating and makes for a relaxing afternoon.


We stopped in Anthropologie and I picked up one of my favorite candles.


I've mentioned we've got a wedding coming up and I've got a dress waiting in the wings, but I just don't honestly love it. Well as luck would have when I got home I had received an email that LOFT is having a FLASH sale. I spent some time perusing the website and ordered several dresses along with some tops to try. Here's a roundup of some of the things that caught my eye and most of them I ordered to give a whirl.  You can click any of the pictures and go right to that item. Use code: FLASH.


So what's on your agenda this week? Kent's birthday is Wednesday so I'm going to be making birthday preparations his big day. We will have his dinner of choice and he's requested one his favorite desserts I'll share with y'all soon.

Here's to a great week!

20 comments :

  1. Yay Katie and her new "sistas!" Oh I'm getting online to get my Loft on today! Lots of goodness on sale! You wear cold shoulders like a sexy boss babe!! Have fun prepping for your Mr's big day! And bring on a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello love! You're going to need to order the gingham top so you, Kellyann and I can be triplets. Blonde hair and all! Love your ALL THINGS PUMPKIN post. I feel like I need to run right in the kitchen and get my pumpkin on!!! Have a great Monday!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. The pictures of Katie and her friends are so cute! You can tell there is no fun being had at all. ;) Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! She's so happy to be in control of her own life again...LOL I just got a snapchat from her saying she got 8 hours of sleep...living her best life. She's a funny girl. Hope you have a great week! (how are the fires? I don't watch the news, so I'm clueless)😜

      Delete
  3. So excited for Katie to be a part of the "sisterhood" long lasting memories, FOREVER ~~~
    Happy Monday, I've got a sick kid home today :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Tammy! So sorry you've got one at home sick. That's not a fun way to start the week. Hope he's on the mend quickly!!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. I did some looking at Loft on line this weekend myself and I'm really loving that velvet dress. I'm SO in to velvet right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how it looks in the flesh! :)

      Delete
  5. Alright I'm thinking we just need to start writing our blogs together! Ha! So I am talking about you today and you are talking about me - hahahaha!!! I love it and that cold shoulder top is gorgeous on you! We need to get together and act like we're in middle school and dress alike. Heeheehee!
    I love those volcano candles too - they are my favorite scent. Of course lately I've been burning the $5 job from Walmart because it smells so great but those volcano candles have my heart!
    I'm so happy Katie made it through. I always got sick during Rush because we stayed up so late. Things are so different now, but I am thrilled it all worked out. Now you're going to be hearing things like "My big" and "My little" because heaven forbid they actually say "sister" lol. She is going to have so much fun and learn so much about working with a group of girls. I swear there's nothing like that experience.
    Hope you have a wonderful week my sweet friend and that Kent's birthday is fabulous. My mom's is Friday and we're celebrating on Sunday. I am making her favorite cake which just so happens to be a red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I have to unbutton my pants just thinking about it but it is soooooo good.
    Happy Monday!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the birthday season, but my waistline could do without it. We are twins separated at birth...LOL I hope you had a great day!!! You were sweet to go visit the littles that didn't make it to school. ❤️XOXO

      Delete
  6. I feel like I'm literally the only one who hasn't smelled that capri blue candle! I'm also a rare one in the fact that although it's fun to browse through Anthropologie once in awhile, it's not my favorite store only because it's not my style (home and clothing) at all! I do love their jewelry though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's okay...we all like different things😉. If you ever have the opportunity should smell it though. I rarely buy anything thing there...Cha-Ching! Have a great week Laura!!! (and go to Lion's Tap🍔)

      Delete
  7. I'm not into the cold shoulder trend, but you are 100% rocking it to make me want to change my mind! Hope you guys have a great week of celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Allie! You should go for it. I like them better than all the bell sleeves and ruffled shoulders. I've got to be able to put on a sweater...LOL! Have a great week!! XO

      Delete
  8. Congrats to your beautiful daughter, Lisa! I remember how draining all the sorority stuff was, but it was so worth it.

    Loft is killing it! Can't wait to see what you make your hubby for his bday!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roxanne!! It was quite the week for her...and me worrying😉
      You are right! Loft is killing it. It's funny, in my book they are either on or waaaay off. Thankfully they're on right now. Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  9. Oh, how well I remember pledge days with our daughter. Nerve wracking to say the least. Cute, cute outfit and I do love Nordstroms! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember going through it myself at the same school (different club/sorority).😜 Thank heavens you only have to do it once. You have a wonderful week too! XO

      Delete
  10. That walk sounds like so much fun! Congrats to your daughter - I know that is such a difficult process but she looks so happy! So many cute things from LOFT - I've been staying off their site but now you've tempted me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoy starting our weekend that way, Lana. Thanks for the congratulations. She's very relieved and happy to be done. Now's the perfect time to shop...50% off😉. Sorry to tempt you😊 LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...