Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Favorites #77

I don't know about you, but I can barely wrap my mind around today being the 29th of September! In two days it will OCTOBER!!! I keep seeing all these Christmas countdowns coming across Facebook and I get a twinge of excitement and a jolt of anxiety. These week flew by for me and I'm not even sure what I was doing, but I know I was busy all week long. 

So of course I'm joining my blog girls and sharing a few favorites from the week.
               

Calories are definitely not a favorite, but I always like something that gives me a chuckle.

               

Are you familiar with Nickel & Suede? I've been seeing these earrings on blogs and Instagram and wanting a pair for quite some time. I finally caved and ordered a pair.


I always love getting something with cute packaging and these fell into that category.


I love them!!!
These are the medium and they are pretty big so I'm sure this is the right size for me. They are also available in small and large. Y'all! these are so light weight you don't even know you are wearing them. Seriously. This pair is called Champagne Shimmer and they are perfect to wear with gold or silver. I've already worn them a couple of days this week. 

                     

It was actually cool enough one day to pull out this favorite tunic. I got this one a couple of years ago and love it when the seasons are changing. 


                
                    

I just ordered more of my mineral peptides from Rodan + Fields yesterday. I've tried various "minerals" products in the past but these are by far my favorite. I don't like the look of a heavy foundation but do like some light coverage and these give me just the right amount PLUS they have SUNSCREEN built in (SPF 20). I wear several products that have sunscreen in them so I don't have to worry about one more layer or product on my face.

I use this brush that can be purchased with the mineral peptides or separately. It has the softest bristles and cleans beautifully when you need to wash it. I love that it has a top and can easily be carried in my makeup bag or my purse.

For this or any other Rodan + Fields products you can check my website here


                        
                         

Y'all know I love my bible study! It's my favorite day of the week. Going to see all the sweet women in my core group and then going to the second half of the day with our leadership team. I snuck this quick picture yesterday. Of course you can't see most of the ladies (since I was being so sly😉) but this is where we prepare for the next week and have some really good fellowship.

                       
                             



I love an excuse to bake and so I used bible study as the perfect excuse to try Andrea's Pumpkin Drop Cookies. They were a HUGE hit. Kent loves coming home to something baking in the oven so he was excited and then when I showed up to bible study with a tray of treats, well let's just say instead of winning brownie points, I got me some cookie points. All the ladies loved them. Thanks for the recipe Andrea! When I get back from my trip I'm going to try her Three Chip Pumpkin Cookies.

         
If you missed this weeks posts you can find them below

                  

You know I love a good SALE, so I rounded up a few for this weekend below.

MACY'S - Extra 20% off with code FALL

AMERICAN EAGLE - Up to 40% off, no code necessary

LOU & GREY - 30% off sale styles, no code necessary

MADEWELL - up to 30% off with cold YESANDYES

NORDSTROM - select sale merchandise, no code necessary

WAYFAIR - up to 70% off, no code necessary

WEST ELM - 20% off entire purchase with code FFSALE

SHOPBOP - 20%-25% off with code EOTS17

If you're not already, I'd love for you to sign up to receive email notification of all new posts. Just scroll back up and SUBSCRIBE. You can also follow me on Bloglovin'FacebookInstagram & Pinterest

Happy Fri-YAY friends! Have a wonderful weekend!
                                            

Check out a few link ups



24 comments :

  1. Both you and Alise thought the week went by so fast, but it dragged for me! Looking forward to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope your weekend doesn't feel like it flies by. Enjoy every minute!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, those pumpkin drop cookies look divine! Also, I had to laugh about the calories meme because I'm doing weight watchers to (hopefully) lose those last nagging lbs, and it's SO TRUE. And then, of course, I saw the pumpkin drop cookies below it haha

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calories are my nemesis!!! UGH! :) Have a fun weekend with your cutie boys, Melissa!! XOXO

      Delete
  3. Let's just say I have a small collection of Nickle & Suede earrings! Our son lives 15 minutes from their shop so when we go to visit, I always make a stop by the store. Their earring of the month is usually too good to pass up. I've now gotten my niece addicted to them also! Much cheaper than my previous Kendra Scott addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to actually go to their store. I'd been wanting some but just hate paying shipping and they sent and email with a free shipping code, so I jumped on it! They are so lightweight. I can see how you could easily develop an addiction! I'm going to have to be careful...LOL Have a great weekend! XO

      Delete
  4. I love my Nickel and Suede earrings and I feel the same way about the Medium size. I wear mine at least once a week. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like wearing feathers. I love it!!! I know mine will be on regular rotation. Have a super weekend Jess!

      Delete
  5. Yay! I think we have another pumpkin queen on our hands you cutie! I have to laugh as I am wearing an outfit identical to your black tunic/leopard sandals today and there are pumpkin drop cookies all over my counter as we begin packaging up for campus rounds LOVE those earrings and love you! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have the best visit with those college boys. I predict those cookies disappear in a New York minute! You can't go wrong with black and leopard. Have a wonderful weekend Andrea! Love ya' blog sister!

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday! Those cookies look so delicious! I have been so bad about baking lately, and we have just been picking up a different type of treats or cookie at Target on Friday nights. Ari picked s'mores Chips Ahoy tonight! We shall see! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy and SOFT which is a total plus! You'll get your baking groove back eventually. I hope you had a good week and maybe things are getting a little better at the new job?! XOXO

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha that calories meme is a good one and TRUE! Glad you like those Nickel & Suede earrings, I keep seeing them and want to give them a try as well. I have so many earrings that get tangled in my hair so I was thinking these would be perfect. I am going to make those cookies of Andrea's, baking is my stress relief and so is exercise, go figure!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellyann, You need a pair of these earrings. Oh my gosh, they are so LIGHT!!! I'm afraid I feel and addiction coming on. The cookies are yummy! Get rid of that stress beautiful! We don't need stress!!! Happy Weekend!! XOXO

      Delete
  8. I've seen some other bloggers wearing those Nickel & Suede earrings and I'd love a pair in gold! I bet I'd prefer the small size, but I don't know! I would love to find a bible study group like that. Andrea always shares the most amazing recipes!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love the earrings Carrie! I was really a little scared to order the medium but just decided to go for it. I need to post a pic where you can see them. They are so light you don't even know you are wearing them! Get ya' some!!! Happy Weekend! XO

      Delete
  9. Those cookies look soooo good!!! Hope you have a great weekend, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Jess...and I'll let you in on a little secret. I think I may have used Butternut squash instead of pumpkin...LOL I had a container of what I thought was frozen pumpkin but I really think it might have been butternut instead. OH well, they were still delicious. Happy Saturday sweet girl!!! XOXO

      Delete
  10. Keep seeing Nickel and Suede earrings online too..I saw a camo pair that looked so cute. Happy almost October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, camo ones sound super cute!!! Happy Weekend Jaclyn!!

      Delete
  11. I love those earrings! Those cookies look delicious. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in our house who likes pumpkin flavored goodies, so these would all end up in my belly! That is so awesome that you are a Bible study leader. And yes, September disappeared for me too. I can't believe tomorrow is October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? Your peeps don't like pumpkin??? They must have missed the all things pumpkin spice memo...LOL Have a great weekend Tanya!

      Delete
  12. Those Nickel and Suede earrings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...