Hey friends! Good grief. Even though I've done some spotty posting during the last two weeks, I feel like I've been away from you forever. I missed y'all. I stay so busy when I'm gone to Tennessee that it's hard to squeeze in time for blogging. In past trips I've tried to stay up with it more, but this time I just decided I needed to soak it all in and live in the present.
Kent came out Friday for the weekend and a whole lot of celebrating. Often when I go on one of these extended trips he joins me at the end. I joke and tell people he's there to "escort me home" and make sure I return.
I don't think it's any secret just how much I love going to Nashville to visit. My kids are there and some of my favorite people in the world as well, but it's always good to get home.
So I thought I'd share a brief recap of our weekend and all the fun that ensued.
Saturday night we attended the wedding of some our best friends daughter. Rachel or "Rachie" as we affectionately call her. It's not very often that we get to have our little family of 4 together but Kent and I really loved getting to spend a little time with both of our kids like "the good ol' days". I know my mom and dad always love the rare opportunity when my brother and I are with just them.
I was put in charge of the marriage license and felt very important...lol
Have you ever noticed no father looks thrilled when he's taking this walk with his daughter?
#alwaysdaddysgirl
The wedding took place in their cute little downtown square. The weather was perfect and the everything was beautiful.
One of my besties Dawn, was the beautiful mother of the bride.
Next up on our celebrating was Katie's big day.
She picked a favorite BBQ joint for lunch.
And some of her favorite people were there.
Are you ever too old to sit on your daddy's lap? I think not.
We ended the day with the birthday dessert of choice and presents.
#wheresthefireexstinguisher
Turning 20 looks good on you "Katie the bug"!
Once the kids left we played spades. Girls vs. Boys. If you play, then you know this was a PITIFUL hand I had.
This hardly ever happens, but we were able to have a seat between us on both flights home.
#yasss
I hope you had as much fun over the weekend as we did. Now I've got suitcases, laundry and the grocery store calling my name. UGH!
#welcomehome
Have a great week my peeps!
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest and subscribe for email updates whenever there's a new post. You can do that at the top right or all the way at the bottom. Check the Link Ups tab at the top to see who I'm partying with today.




The wedding looked beautiful AND I love your dress! Ohhh that trifle birthday dessert looks wonderful- maybe you will share the recipe? :) Good luck with the "re-entry" this week!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home dear friend! Blogging Smogging when you have dear people and a dear place you love, who cares about blogging! Your readers know you're a coming back! Enjoy home sweet home and may all go smoothly! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you for the welcome back. I'm now playing catch up, but it's so worth it! Hope your week is treating you right! XO
DeleteSuch a wonderful time you had, both joyous occasions. Your wedding outfit was most elegant, Lisa. Hugs, x.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! We had a great weekend of celebrating. Hope you are having a wonderful week! XO
DeleteLooks like you had a great weekend filled with love! We have a wedding to go to this weekend and I'm so excited about it!
ReplyDeleteWe had a ball. These friends are like family so it was super special. Weddings are so fun. Enjoy! XOXO
DeleteYou've been having lots of fun missy. I love having all my babies together too and the older they get the more precious that time becomes. Hope you have a super week!
ReplyDeleteI sure have...and so have you😉👍🏼. Welcome back home. At least you have a short week now. XO
DeleteI have missed you friend!!! I am so glad you're back in action. What a wonderful trip. That bride...hello supermodel! Wowza!!!! And your girl is 20, God bless her always. Too funny about her dessert of choice, I make a brownie trifle for the girls at work because they request it for every single birthday. I love it too because it's so easy and so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI threw a little something in the mail (actually FedEx) that should arrive by Friday. When are you leaving for your next big adventure?
BTW, vacation obviously agrees with you, you look absolutely radiant in every picture!
xo,
Kellyann
I've missed you too, girl!!! Wasn't Rachie just gorgeous! And she's as sweet as she is beautiful. The whole package. No more teens in this house. Crazy! You just can't go wrong with a brownie trifle and yes, they are so easy but impressive. Double winner in my book. You are such a sweet heart to send me a happy. I can't wait for the FedEx man to come Friday. I do love a good vacation😉. Hope your week is going great!!! XOXO
DeleteAwe, what a fun time and what great pictures. I love Tenn. as it's right next to my home state of Virginia. Enjoyable post!
ReplyDeleteLea, you'll have to forgive me and then remind me...where in VA are you from? Such a beautiful state. Hope you are having a great week! XO
DeleteYou have such a beautiful family, and what a gorgeous bride! I think it's good to unplug from the blog sometimes, and just enjoy the moments... good for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenny! She was so beautiful. I seem to "unplugging" a lot lately, but that 's okay😉. Hope you're having a great week!! XO
Delete