Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Favorites #75

Stop it! I can.not believe today is the 15th of September already. Are you kidding me? Time is flying by people. I don't want to wish my life away, but between now and the middle of November we do have some fun events and trips coming. This weekend kicks off the beginning of the "birthday season" in our house. Between now and the middle of October, Kent, Katie and I will all be celebrating birthdays and let's just say one of those is a doozey.

First up though is the man behind the plan.


Kent will turn %$ this week, so let the celebrating begin!!!!

I guess I could have just gone ahead and made that a favorite but oh well. Now I'm going to join some of my bloggers buddies and share my Friday Favorites.

               

Today is the last day of pledging for my girl and boy are we happy about that. This girl right here is one tough cookie. What is it that makes girls so mean and nasty? I have no idea, but I can tell you that she's found out this week she is STRONG and BRAVE!!!!

               

She is also a great nanny and I love getting cute pictures of her with her little people and the funny stories. 
#kidssaythedarndestthings
Little girl: "You know what's a bad word you should never say? A$$hole"
Little sister: "A$$hole"
There's your laugh for the day friends!

                 

Now that we've talked about cussing, let's talk about how happy I am to be back with my sweet friends at bible study...LOL. We are starting our study of Matthew and learning all about Jesus' life.

                     

When I did my Sephora Play review in June this was one of the products I had received. Well I finished up the small one they sent me and bought a full size version. I really love this highlighter. I put it on my brown bones, down the center of my nose, on the top of my cheek bones, in the corner of my eyes and right at the cupids bow on my lips. If you've never used a highlighter, I highly (see what I did there😉) recommend it.

                       

And while I'm talking about favorites let me just say this setting spray that Kellyann told me (us) about, is the bomb. (read her post here) Sunday I used it before we went to worship in the park. It 
was in the upper 90's and when I got home, my makeup was still looking good. Love this stuff! Thanks for the tip friend! (I'm wondering if the one I have is being replaced with this one)
                             

Labels from Erin Condren. (no affiliation) I love these cute labels that I ordered years ago to stick on treats and things. They are so colorful and fun! (this bag had Caramelitas in it...YUM!!!)
            

Monday I talked about this new spray I picked up and let me just say that I've used it every night this week and love the relaxing, clean smell on my pillow. I really do kinda think I'm sleeping a little better. (or maybe I'm just tired😉)

                   

And this is just funny!!!

So there's my round-up for this week. What made your favorites? I love looking back over the week, going through my pictures and posts and seeing all the good things that happened. It's a great reminder to look for the positive! 

Have a wonderful weekend!


Check out some link ups and find some new friends to read.


18 comments :

  1. Oh I love your round up this week! Happy Birthday Kent, hope you have fun celebrating. Bwahahahahahaha, love the dialogue between the girls Katie nannies, so funny! Speaking of Katie, I am happy her pledge week is over. Thank goodness, I knew she was a tough cookie!
    I'm so happy you like the UD setting spray, I can't believe how well it works! I may be dripping wet with sweat everywhere but dang, my make up stays put, hahaha! Love what you did with the highlighter and highly recommending it, it's nice that we crack ourselves up isn't it? I may need to give it a try when my current powder highlighter runs out. I love Sephora, I need to just go in there one day and let them have their way with my face!
    Glad you're liking your bible study,I need to get serious about finding one for myself. I really do love Beth Moore so I'm thinking I'll start researching what she's got. I'm bummed because the Christian Bookstore we had closed. Not sure about you but I really like to thumb through things before I buy them.
    Enjoy the first birthday weekend of birthday season at your house!
    Love to you my sweet friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be afraid to go into Sephora (or anywhere else) and let them have their way. I can only imagine how much stuff they'd say I need...LOL Our Christian bookstore went out here too. Hobby Lobby has a little. I'm like you, I like to put my hands on a book before I buy it. Hope you had a much cooler and restful weekend than last. Happy Sunday!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. It's birthday month for us too! Counting both families, we will celebrate 8 birthdays!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief! Y'all are the birthday champions. Enjoy all the cake!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Steph pledged last year and got in to AOPi sorority. Unfortunately, basketball ruled and she had to drop out. I know Katie will love it!! And yes! Girls can be so mean! In college AND middle school! Have a fun weekend celebrating with the Mister!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since this is a smaller private school they aren't national chapters but still Greek letters. I loved it and I hope she will too now that she's done with pledging. Hope you had a great weekend!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. I can not believe September is half over already! I feel like the older I get the faster time flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! The older we are the shorter the years are. I heard an analogy once about when a child is 2, a year is half their life so the older we get, each year becomes more of a blip. Crazy! Enjoy each day!!! Hope you've had a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Great meme to make me smile! I am giddy over labels and stickers so I am totally loving those EC labels but I want a Carmelita too!! Oh Katie girl, bless her heart, hope she got a bid for where she wanted to be. That pillow mist sounds enticing and Happy early birthday to your Mr. May this weekend be full of sweet moments for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pledging is over...HALLELUJAH!!! You should try the pillow mist. They make one for sleep but were out when I got that one. Let the birthday celebrating begin. Have a great week beautiful lady!!! XOXO

      Delete
  6. I'm glad your daughter is done pledging--it always sounds like such a nightmare! I went to such a small college that it didn't have sororities, but even if it had, I was the girl who explicitly wrote "NOT A PARTIER" on that roommate questionnaire form you get, so I'm not really sorority material, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jess!!! One and done! She's not a party girl either and these aren't national chapters but they are Greek letters. I went to the same school but pledged a different club (sorority) but it's very small now. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!! XO

      Delete
  7. Oh I hope everything went okay with rush for Katie- I steered far away from Greek life. I was definitely not cut out for it! Love your happy everything stickers- super cute! I hope I can get back into baking weekly soon! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S OVER!!! Hallelujah! I hope you've enjoyed your first "blog free" weekend! Have a great week!! XO

      Delete
  8. What a cute post! Love the shaking icon, so funny! And, I use essential oils and every night I use a sleep blend in a diffuser and on the bottom of my feet, inside my wrists and on my pillow case. Oh, such sweet sleep! I may have to try that makeup setting spray. Great favorites, have yourself a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea! I diffuse oils sometimes too and rub them on my feet. The makeup setting spray is wonderful. If you have access to a Nordstrom Rack they have it for a good deal. Hope you have a great week!! XO

      Delete
  9. I just laughed out loud about the shaking icons! Congrats to your girl on her bid....I know that is such an exciting time! I use to have some of that spray for my pillow and I loved it...I think Dutch ate the top off and this reminded me I need some more lol. Hope you are having a great week Lisa!

    Shelly|The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to supply a laugh! Dern dogs...always eating things. Maybe you can get the sleep one.😊

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...