Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Third Times A Charm and A Birthday Boy

First things first. Today we celebrate the birthday boy in the middle. Kent, Kent, He's our man!
We love you and hope you have a great birthday. I promise you'll have a great dinner and one of your favorite birthday desserts when you get home tonight!


Now let's talk about the blouse that everyone loves.


 So remember this blouse I shared back in the spring? I liked it, but I didn't love it so I sent it back and got the same blouse in neon pink.


Liked it better, but wasn't sold. Then I saw the orange one was on sale. Well I like everything better on sale and after seeing it on my blonde blogger sisters Andrea and Kellyann, I knew I had to get it.


Yep, this one was a keeper! Not only was it on sale but in a strange turn of events the poppy orange color has become one of my favorite colors to wear. Just last year I wouldn't have even given this color a second look and now my closet is scattered with it.



I added one of my favorite Kendra Scott pendants in hot pink because I love the color combo of pink and orange and added a my leopard bangle because, animal print!


Now they've added a beautiful floral option and a mustard color in this top for fall along with two pinks, emerald green and royal blue. Something for everyone.

So what do you say? Did I make the right choice?

BTW...Nordstrom started Triple Points for all card holders today through the 24th, so nows the time to make those purchases and a score your Nordstrom note 3 times faster.

Happy Hump Day friends!

Shop this post







41 comments :

  1. I love that color and the mustard color. Both great looks for Fall. And Happy Birthday Kent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mustard is a new addition. It really is pretty for fall. Thanks for the birthday wish! XO

      Delete
  2. I agree -- the orange definitely looks the best! Plus, I love how orange is so easy to wear in different seasons depending on how you accessorize! This would also be super cute with white jeans and a turquoise necklace come spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I actually have a flat lay I did of that very outfit...I should have included it. Happy Thursday!

      Delete
  3. That blouse is just GORGEOUS on you! Honestly, I think you pull off all the colors perfectly, and the neon pink (which is a color I don't actually love) looks incredible on you! I'm glad you settled on the poppy color though, because you look just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Melissa! I liked the pink too, but I really like the price of the orange...LOL. I hope you are having a super week! XO

      Delete
  4. I like wearing orange too and the orange version of the top is very pretty. But the way you styled the neon pink....wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Bev! I think I could style the orange the same way. Maybe I will for Halloween...hahaha!

      Delete
  5. You ABSOLUTELY made the right choice! I am so glad you kept the poppy one and I LOVE it with the hot pink KS necklace. I have been wanting that necklace in hot pink myself for some time. I still think the neon pink looked fabulous on you, especially with the black and the leopard.
    Have fun celebrating with the birthday boy tonight! I hope you'll share what his dessert is, I'll bet it's something super yummy!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks twin! You need that pink KS necklace. I wear it a ton. Treat yourself! Maybe I'll do the same outfit with the orange instead of the pink. Halloween? LOL Kellyann, The dessert we had...oh.my.goodness. I'm no quitter and I couldn't finish my whole piece. WHAT? I'm going to share next week. Happy Friday Eve! XOXO

      Delete
  6. YES!!!! This is your color mama!!! Woohoo, wow can I say it again...this is your color!! Poppy Orange makes for POPPY PRETTY LISA on you!!! Happy Birthday to the man who has the BEST WIFE IN YOU! May the celebration last all week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only aspire to wear it as well as you cutie!!! Hope you are having the best week! XOXO

      Delete
  7. Such a cute top! I love the loose fit and the colors are all great!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. It's comfy for sure and a beautiful color to boot. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  8. You certainly did make the right choice, Lisa. Looks like this top needs a strong colour, and with each colour choice shown here it kept getting better. Great choice, sweetie, well done for persevering with your colour try-ons. Hugs, x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I especially love it since it was on sale...LOL. Happy Thursday!!!

      Delete
  9. These ALL look fabulous on you! Hope you guys have a great time celebrating Kent! Save me a slice of cake! Or is it your tiramisu? I'll take a piece of that, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Oh my gosh...the cake. You know this girl can handle her chocolate and I couldn't eat my whole piece. Shake my head!!! That's ok, I'll show it who's boss later today. I totally wish I could share some with you. I'll share the recipe next week. It's a doozey! Happy Friday Eve!!! I hope your first blog free week has been a welcomed relief...even though I've missed hearing about your days!!! XOXO

      Delete
  10. Hi Lisa - the poppy orange is stunning on you and I'm like you - I like the pop of pink against it. Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Deborah
    www.fabulousafter40.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! I love those colors combined. Hope you've been having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  11. Oh, yes, Lisa, you made the right decision with the orange. A great color for you and the hot pink would be a close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea! I really did like the hot pink too, but I'm a sucker for orange and a sale combined. LOL. Hope your week is treating you well!! XO

      Delete
  12. You definitely wear this top so well and I'm still sooo jealous! I think being short waisted just totally screwed me on this one. I've been super crazy about orange the past year too. Hope you guys have a super time celebrating and you didn't spread any germs licking that spoon. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I don't think it's being short waisted as much as maybe having boobs😉. Being flat chested paid off this time. I'm super short waisted to. Stuff hangs terrible on my back...especially since I've got so much "junk in my trunk"...Don't worry, I'm not a double dipper. I had a sink full of spoons by the time I was done...LOL XOXO

      Delete
  13. LOVE your top on you! That poppy color is striking Lisa! i love the flouncy style with the jeans and your espadrilles. i have bought items i loved in several colors.. the bright pink looks lovely on you too. Sounds like a nice bday treat, hope you all had a great time.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www,elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! And thanks for hosting a great link up! My daughter gets on to me for buying multiples of things I like. Silly girl! Happy Friday Eve!! XO

      Delete
  14. Lovely outfits dear, love the ruffled top. That's a perfect piece for fall.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been looking at the top- I love it on you and others but not sure if it would be too much material for me- thoughts? Is it comfy? flattering?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The orange one is by far the best!! Especially on sale, when the price is right!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! And the blush and black are on sale now...hold me back! LOL Have a great weekend!!! XO

      Delete
  17. I love this color combination with your shirt and necklace, Lisa!! And FYI, I'm including you as my favorite look from the week since I'm co-hosting the "On Monday's we link up" Party next week with Roxanne!!
    Have a great weekend,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jodie, You just made my day! Thank you so much! You are too sweet! Happy Fall and have a great weekend! XOXO

      Delete
  18. Love the pink top with the leopard print! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Julie!! Everything's better with leopard😉

      Delete
  19. Such a flattering look on you - I love all these coloured tops. Thanks for sharing Hun. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqui! If the pink had been on sale first, I'd have kept it...darn it. But I do love the color orange. Have a great week!

      Delete
  20. Hello...new to your site. Color in wardrobe is as important in how we use color in our homes. When you know it's right...it's heaven!-Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I couldn't agree with you more! XO

      Delete
  21. You definitely nailed it with the orange! And I love the bright pairing of orange and pink!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxanne! I always love when I see orange and hot pink together so I figured, why not?! Have a beautiful weekend!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...