Oh helloooo Friday! I'm so happy to see you. Black Friday and Cyber Monday have me a little tired and things are getting ready to really ramp up.
Can you believe....
Yep, 25 days. And all the teachers are counting down the days minutes until Christmas break.
It's Friday and that means it's time to share some favorites from the week and link up with some blog friends, so be sure to check the link ups tab and see who I'm partying with today.
I wore this outfit on Tuesday. It was perfect for decorating our Christmas tree. This flannel tunic is from American Eagle last year, but they have this one that is very similar this year and it's on sale for a little under $28. I think it's the softest flannel I've ever felt. The jeans are pull on jeggings from Old Navy and are so comfortable. They have a really skinny leg so they are great for wearing with my favorite boots.
Shop the look here
Having my tree up makes me happy and I'm happy I can mark that off my list. I don't know about you, but I get all sentimental when I start pulling out all of the ornaments from Christmas's past and thinking about what they mean. When the kids were younger I would buy an ornament for them every year with the intention of giving them to them once they moved out to have for their own trees. Well now that I'm staring down the barrel of that thought I'm finding it hard to let go of them, but I'm telling myself that they will need them more than I do.
This was a birthday gift I received recently and I thought it would be a great gift for the spas lovers in your life.
Last year I hosted my 1st annual cookie exchange. You can read a little about it here, and now I'm in the planning stages of this years. I'd better get my rear in gear and get moving. I've been looking at Pinterest for a fun cookie to make. Do you have a favorite cookie? I like one that not only looks pretty, but tastes good too.
These White Chocolate Dipped Molasses Cookies are what Katie and I made for it last year. They are so delicious and I'd love to just make them again, but also want to try something new. These are really pretty easy to make, but are beautiful so if you are planning to host or attend a cookie exchange, I highly recommend them.
Finding fun gifts can be hard, especially if you have an indecisive streak like me. Here are some gifts ideas if you are coming up dry. These are all under $50 and would make pretty much any woman happy. There are lots of opportunities for gifting coming up from friends, to teachers, to hairdressers, to coaches or family. One of these is bound to be a hit. Click on the image to be taken to that item.
Sale Alerts
Macy's - extra 30% off with code FRIEND (through the 11th)
Anthropologie - extra 40% off sale items
Loft -40% off all tops and sweaters and 50% off all SALE
Ann Taylor - 50% off all sweaters and tops with code SHOPNOW
Banana Republic - 40% off entire purchase and extra 20% off sweaters (today only)
Sephora - up to 50% off select, no code
Draper James - up to 50% off sale, no code
Urban Outfitters - 30% off select, no code
Abercrombie & Fitch - extra 30% off with code 11175
7 for all mankind - up to 40% off sale
Express - up to 50% off select, no code
Asos - extra 30% off select, no code
Pottery Barn - 20% off entire order plus FREE shipping with code CHEER
Williams Sonoma - 20% off entire order plus FREE shipping with code MERRY
Nordstrom - select items on sale
Have a great weekend friends and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin', Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest and subscribe for email updates whenever there's a new post.
















I am loving that plaid tunic! And your tree is so pretty! Yay for the weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Trista. I have it in black and white too. It's just so soft and now I want one of this years with the cute empire waist. Somebody stop me. Hope sweet baby is doing well. Happy weekend to you!
DeleteYour tree looks gorgeous! We have the same tradition with the ornaments for the kids...it will definitely be hard to let them go. Great gift ideas too! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteWell thanks friend! Your house is looking so beautiful. You've handled this whole situation with such grace. I'm so proud of you (like that means anything๐), but I truly am. Y'all have a wonderful weekend. XO
DeleteI love that flannel shirt and your tree is beautiful! We buy each of our boys their own ornament each year too (as my parents did with me) and I know I will be sad to see them leave one day.
ReplyDeleteThank you on both counts.๐ I use to actually buy them the Hallmark ornaments the day after Christmas for half off. ๐ I just love a bargain. I hope they'll appreciate them all๐ Have a wonderful weekend. XO
DeleteI love your favorites this week. I haven't tried jeggings from ON but I am so smitten with their denim I'm sure I'd love them! Today was in the flippin' 80s and so hot I came home from work and immediately put on shorts, ugh!!!
ReplyDeleteOur tree is very sentimental. Almost every ornament belongs to my boys - I'll be sharing all about it on Monday. But when they leave, we'll have a bare tree! The boys decorated the tree themselves this year too so it's extra special.
I have always wanted to host a cookie exchange but you know I never plan it and then boom - it's too late. I do a lot of baking though so I'm thinking I may need to make those cookies of yours. They are so pretty and you had me at easy. I make plates of cookies for Collin's teachers and they look forward to them every year. In fact one of his teachers transferred over from the middle school and was so psyched to have Collin in her class so she'd get cookies! And trust me, I don't make anything super special.
I hope you have a wonderful, Christmas spirit filled weekend my sweet friend!
xo,
Kellyann
Get the jeggings!๐ Bless your heart. Nothing makes you want to wear sweaters like warm weather and seeing all your friends in layers. UGH! I'm super impressed your boys decorated the tree. Benny would lay an egg before he'd even help. You've trained them right! I need to get my evites out so these ladies can plan to come or it will be me and a bunch of cookies. Fly on over and we have a ball. I bet you make some delicious cookies and now wonder the teachers look forward to something sweet! Have a wonderful weekend!!! XO
DeleteSo impressed with your tree, Lisa, it looks positioned for dancing around. So impressed too that you chose that cosy festive tartan shirt for dressing the tree, perfect. And oh those cookies ... can't wait to get baking with grandkiddies!
ReplyDeleteHugs, x.
Well thank you Ms. Mary! Baking with the grandkids is something I look forward to in the future. I bet your are just the sweetest grandma❤️. Have a perfectly sweet weekend. XO
DeleteOooh that flannel tunic is so adorable! I make white chocolate dipped snickerdoodles but oh how I love molasses. Such a festive cookie! Let's talk tree splendor! That should be in a magazine. Come to think of it, so should you cutie patootie! Have a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh you sweet darling, you make me blush! That tunic has POCKETS๐, need I say more?๐ LOL I do love a snickerdoodle and I bet they are delicious dipped in white chocolate. I know you must be dying to get your tree(s) up. Have the best time at the walk through tomorrow. I know you'll be giddy!!!
DeleteYour tree is beautiful! I'm going to a cookie exchange this year and trying decide which cookies I want to bake and take. Have a great 1st weekend of Dec.
ReplyDeleteOh thank you, Lea! You'll have to share with us what kind of cookies you take to your exchange. I need to get my "evites" out, so people can plan accordingly. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow๐. Happy weekend to you! XO
DeleteI'm so excited for our Christmas cookie exchange next weekend, too! I know you like pretty cookies, but Ritz crackers (I get the snowflake ones) with peanut butter in the middle and then covered in chocolate are the number one request in our house. Trip and I are excited to try Pioneer Woman's peppermint chocolate fudge this year, too! Have fun playing on Pinterest!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny you'd mention those. I actually thought about them. They are soooo good!!! Hope you had a great week. I guess it was hard to get back in the swing, but the good news is the Christmas countdown is on๐ XO
DeleteYour tree is gorgeous! And those cookies look amazing! I was just thinking I needed to decide which types I will be making this year. Those might need to go on my list, they are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura! Those cookies are so yummy and really easy to make look impressive. Give em' a go. The recipe is actually from a restaurant our son worked in one summer in Nashville. So delicious!
DeleteI really need to go back to American Eagle for a flannel top, I felt them when I was in the store and YES... so soft! I really love the one you are wearing, just the fit of it and everything! I will have no ornaments left when my kids move out, we have so many sentimental ornaments! I guess then I can do my matchy match tree (since there is no way I have time to put up 2 trees!). My husband gets me LUSH gift boxes a lot, I love their products! A cookie exchange sounds fun, I used to do that with my friends and we stopped... but, need to try to do it again.
ReplyDeleteCarrie
curlycraftymom.com
Yes Carrie! Get an AE flannel. I also have that one in black and white. I got one for Katie over the weekend (shhh...it's for Christmas๐) I guess once we give the kids all of their ornaments we'll just have to buy a bunch of gorgeous ones. Poor us๐ You should definitely start your cookie exchange again. I'm going to try to get mine made and in the freezer soon. Happy Monday!
DeleteYou are too cute for your tree decorating task! I hope you are headed my way soon to decorate mine. It's in the living room and lit, but not a single ornament. I've got to kick it in gear before Stephanie gets home. I hosted a cookie exchange with our Life Group class years ago before Alise was born and they were so fun! Hope you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhen is Stephanie getting home and is it for good or will she be heading back or to somewhere else? I have no doubt you'll get it all done because that's how you roll.๐๐ป You should start your cookie exchange again. Alise would be such a help now. Happy Monday!
DeleteThis has me so excited for Christmas! I can't wait to host a cookie exchange next year when we're in our new house (aka bigger kitchen).
ReplyDeleteI know you mentioned moving on another post. Where are y'all going? Still the same area? Building? Existing? So exciting! A bigger kitchen will be wonderful!
DeleteYour tree looks beautiful! It's always so fun to pull out all of the old ornaments. My dad and I think my mom must just stick ornaments on the tree sometimes when she comes over because we definitely don't recognize some of them, haha!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It is so fun to pull them out and reminisce. That's funny...maybe she's messing with y'all!๐ XO
Delete