Happy Monday y'all. We're officially in December and all things Christmas are on the horizon. It must have been the biggest weekend of the month for parades. We had 2 in the towns on both sides of us and I read about numerous others. We went to one and enjoyed seeing all the little kids.
In my quest for something festive to wear to Kent's office party next weekend (which is held during the day) I've been ordering things to try. Lou and Grey is one of my favorite brands. It can be found in Loft and there are also Lou and Grey stores. In my book they are best know for the softest knits. I have so many shirts and sweatshirt type shirts from them that I love because they just feel wonderful on.
When I saw this hot pink furry sweater on their website I thought, why not? It came in and the color is gorgeous and it just might be one of the softest things I've ever felt....think favorite stuffed animal.
This was a small and the sleeves were really long. It's really a fun sweater, but I'll be honest with you when I say I felt like a "muppet" in it. LOL I think it would be gorgeous on a tall, lanky frame, but for me it was a little overwhelming so I did ultimately return it. I had to share it with you though and if you are one of those lucky, tall and thin girls then you just might want to give this a try. On a side note, this necklace is a favorite and can be dressed up or down. I wear it with dressy looks but I'll throw it on with a cute tee and plaid shirt and it's just as cute and the leopard clutch is the same. It's the perfect accessory to dress up or down.
Shop this look here
Today is the day for the The Blended Blog Ask - Holiday Theme🎄
1. Real or Fake Tree?
We always had real trees until 3 years ago when I got tired of doing all the lights and finally bought a pre-lit tree. Let me just say...LOVE IT! I do miss a real tree, but for now I'll stick with this.
3. Home on Christmas Morning or Travel?
Depends on the year. Now that we no longer live in the same town as my family we switch years. One year we go to them and then they come to us. We were really lucky that when our kids were little they always got to wake up in their own house and come down to see what Santa had brought.
5. Send Christmas Cards?
YES! I love receiving Christmas cards especially with pictures on them. I'm always stressed out trying to order the "perfect" card and I'm so relieved when it's done. I'm working on that right now.
6. Favorite Christmas Present Received?
This will sound just awful, but I can't put my finger on a specific present. I just told Kent yesterday I loved it when I was Katie's age because my mom did such a great job shopping for clothes for me and it was like getting a new wardrobe at Christmas.
7. Favorite Christmas Present Given?
I love it when we really get to surprise the kids with something and one year I was able to surprise Kent with a Garmin watch for running and another year the kids got a little jeep. That year about 5 families got these that all lived next door to each other without knowing the other was doing it. Christmas morning was a riot with all these kids on the street in their little vehicles.
8. Stockings or no stockings?
YES!
In all our other houses they've been hung on the mantel, but in this house they work better on the stairs.
9. Christmas PJ's?
The kids got new Christmas PJ's every year and 2 years ago I knew Benny wouldn't go for it, so Katie and I got matching ones.
10. Favorite Christmas carol?
Mary Did You Know and My Grown Up Christmas List
11. Favorite Holiday Tradition?
Christmas Eve with my parents and the kids getting to open one present
12. Early Shopper or Last Minute?
A little of both, but probably more last minute. I'm indecisive and always afraid I'll find a better deal.
13. Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?
A toss up between Elf and Christmas Vacation. Katie got us hooked on Elf several years ago and we love it and we also love to watch Christmas Vacation with my parents. It's always good for a few laughs.
14. Favorite Holiday Beverage?
Chocolate Punch. This is something we would have every New Year's Eve with our friends the Shrull's. It's like a delicious milk shake.



You and Katie look great! I love the stockings on the stairs, what a fun change of scenery. Jess at Just Jess
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Jess! Hope you have a great week. XOXO
DeleteWell tickle me red, You even answered in red! Love! Mmm Chocolate Punch, how delightful. Hey, let's talk about your pink fur! Fury Fabulous is what it is! Ahh how I wish we could get matching outfits, drink Chocolate Punch and make Christmas cookies together. Xo
ReplyDeleteWouldn't that be grand?! We need a little blogging commune to live in. Maybe your new neighborhood???😉 Have the best Monday...How'd the walk through go? XOXO
DeleteOh my goodness, hot pink is your color!!! It looks just divine on you! And I have to agree. There's nothing better than sending and receiving Christmas cards. I just love getting to see everyone's sweet families! Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteWell thank you Melissa! I use to wear it a lot more...and royal blue, but now I'm such a sucker for neutrals I have a hard time venturing out. I bet you are getting so excited about your trip!! Hope your week is off to a great start sweet girl! XO
DeleteLISA !!! That HOT PINK SWEATER is amazing !!! I love love pink anything :) Thanks for sharing TBB asks Holiday Theme ! Loved reading your answers. Have a wonderful week !
ReplyDeleteIt would look gorgeous on you with your long blonde locks. Love seeing all of your beautiful photos on Insta. Hope your week has started of grand. XO
DeleteOk, I love the pink sweater, but if you are not comfortable wearing it...you were totally right to return it.
ReplyDeletePatty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com
Thanks Patty! Yeah, you know how it is...you buy something and it hangs there. I'm finally learning...LOL Hope your week got off to a great start!
DeleteCollins Tuohy featured that same sweater and I've loved it ever since! Looks so good on you, too Girl! Enjoy the party!
ReplyDeleteDoes she have a blog? I'll have to check that out. Thanks friend. I felt rotund😣. Who knows what I'll end up wearing.😜 Happy Monday!
DeleteYour furry sweater is so perfect! I'll have to check out Lou & Grey's knits! The pic of you and Katie in your matching PJs is adorable!
ReplyDelete--Roxanne
http://glassofglam.com
Thank you! You definitely need to check them out, Roxanne. So soft! Hope your Monday was wonderful...is that possible? LOL XO
DeleteYou return all the things I love! When I saw you in that sweater I thought, "Lisa looks so great in hot pink!" It looks super cozy and I want it! I wish Loft had free shipping because I'd order it today since it's $25 off, oh well I'll stalk it like an ex-boyfriend with mental health issues but dang, IT WILL BE MINE!
ReplyDeleteLoved reading all your answers, I feel like we have even more in common. I think I am the last person alive who has colored lights! We used to have clear and then switched a few years ago. Your tree is gorgeous my friend.
Now I'm craving sugar cookies with royal icing, mmmmmmmmm.
xo,
Kellyann
You are such a sweetie! Okay, whenever I want something I just order enough extra to qualify for shipping and return what I don't want. It felt so good, but I think I'd be sweating too much since it's not very cold. I think colored lights are timeless and if my future grands want colored lights you'd better believe I'll have them. I wish we could have a blogger cookie swap. Wouldn't that just be the best?! Happy Monday!!! XOXO
DeleteYES!!! That would be amazing!!!!
DeleteLisa, that truly is a perfect day party outfit. Classy and vibrant. I totally love it, and the necklace finishes the look gorgeously. Shame it's not a keeper. Unfortunately find the whole sleeve ring so frustrating, especially with jackets.
ReplyDeleteI had to read Mary Did You Know several times to realise you weren't talking to me. Know what? I kept asking you!
Apropos films, I saw Daddy's Home 2 last week, so funny and no sad ending, perfect!
Hugs, x.
Aw, thanks Mary! I've gotten so much good out of that necklace and Katie has one too. That's so funny that you thought I was talking to you. I love it. Well, I'm always talking to you, dear lady! Yay for no sad ending. I can get on board with that. Hope your week is treating you right so far. XO
DeleteMy kids are obsessed with Despicable Me, and one of the quotes is, "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!" I love this! It's super fun and a 90s homage- I'd pair it with a black velvet skirt, too. Santa struck the gold mine this year! Trip wants a basketball hoop and so we asked on our neighborhood website and we're getting one for free from someone who outgrew it. Woohoo! Can't wait to see what cookies you bake this year!
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute movie! I think I remember that line. I love how soft that sweater was, but out here I'd probably go into a melt down from being to warm. It would look super cute with a velvet skirt though. Way to score a FREE hoop! That's awesome. We left Benny's with the house in MN...I didn't want to, but we didn't have anyplace to put it and he wasn't going to be living here anyway. Hope you had a great Monday!!! XO
DeleteOkay, not sure where I've been but I've never even heard of Lou and Grey. I must check it out. The pink sweater was just adorable on you but you definitely needed to feel comfortable in it and good for you for not keeping it if you didn't. I always regret when I keep something and know full and well that I'm not totally crazy about it. Enjoyed your answers. This is a fun link up!
ReplyDeleteHi Lea! L&G doesn't have many free standing stores, but I think all Loft's carry some of it and if you can catch a sale...well, that's the only time I buy it. They really do have the softest things. You'd love it. I'm trying to be better about not keeping things I know I really won't wear or need. IT'S HARD😂 Loved reading your answers too. I think this holiday one might have been my fav. Have a great week sweet friend! XO
DeleteI love the pink sweater, but also appreciate how honest your reviews are! Ditto for so many of your traditions in this post...right down to the carrots. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tanya! I wanted to love it on and keep it, but I'd have been a puddle. It's just not cold enough here. I think this set of questions has been my favorite to read. Happy Monday! XO
DeleteI love that pink color on you! Merry Christmas season! Hope you enjoy lots of family time.
ReplyDeleteHey there Nicole! Thank you! I check every so often to see if you're back at it. I hope you all are getting the clarity you need for the future. Miss your blogging. Hope your week is off to a great start and Merry Christmas season to you too!!! XO
DeleteThat pink sweater is so cute! The color is bright and it is perfect for a Holiday party. I think you look amazing in it but I totally understand what you mean....I'm 5'3 ish and some things just don't work with my height....
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mylittlenest.org
Hi Ruth! Thank you! It is a gorgeous color. We are about the same height and you are so right. Sometimes compact little packages like us just can't wear everything. Hope you've had a great Monday!!! XO
DeleteLove the color of that sweater! Chocolate Punch sounds so delicious and I've never heard of it before!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lana! Oh my, it's the best. I need to try and blog about it. I might make it for my cookie exchange. You'd love it!!!
DeleteIt's such the perfect color on you Lisa!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous look for a fabulous woman!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com
Aw, thanks so much, Jodie! Have a great Tuesday!!! XO
DeleteI would look like a muppet too! Lol! I wish I was just a few inches taller sometimes :-D But, if you ask me, you don't look like a muppet at all, pink always looks great on you!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
pumps and push-ups
Muppets unite...we could do a show! LOL Thanks Brooke!💕
DeleteLisa, I also love the pink sweater on you! The color is amazing and you look fantastic in that outfit. But you must be comfortable in your clothing in order to properly rock it with confidence! Thanks so much for linking up with me and #SpreadingTheKindness!
ReplyDeleteShelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com
Thank you Shelbee!!! XOXO
DeleteWhat a fun sweater! I love that bright pink color on you though. Hopefully you can find something similar that fits you better!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura! I loved the color and the softness too. I'd have been a puddle in it it's so warm here. 😊 (and with my hot flashes😨)
DeleteOoh, you know I love soft clothes! Although I would probably feel like a muppet too, haha! And let me know if you want to exchange Christmas cards! I have one blank one left! :)
ReplyDeleteGirl! You are already done??? I just got mine ordered today. I'm really late this year! Why of course I'd love a card from you.😘 XO
DeleteI've never had Chocolate Punch before, that sounds fun! I've always gotten the kids Christmas PJ's, but never myself! I should join in on the fun... I do have Christmas slippers tho! That sweater is such a pretty color and I love how furry it is, such a bummer it didn't work out. I haven't heard of Lou and Grey, but I don't shop at Loft a lot. I should, because I love that store when I go in it.
ReplyDeleteCarrie
curlycraftymom.com
It's to die for, Carrie. OH BTW...I couldn't get the mushroom recipe to pin. It would just spin and spin. The images didn't seem "pinnable" so I was using your P widget. Maybe that's why? I know where to find the recipe though😉 You should do PJ's and you should also be shopping Loft...when they have sales, which is most of the time. LOL. XO
DeleteLindas imagens. As bolachinhas além de lindas devem ser deliciosas. Feliz semana.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteLove your pink furry sweater.. oh, soft and furry would be a winner! i bet my puppies, who always lay on the clothes i lay out, would love that too! Love your pictures, as i am a cookie kind of girl.. mmmm. I love hanging stockings and love that yours are on the stairs, looks so cute! Happy holidays !1!
ReplyDeletethanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com
Thank you Jessica! Your puppies would definitely like getting all cozy with that sweater. Thanks for hosting and have a great week beautiful lady! XO
DeleteLoved reading your answers Lisa. I did this post too. Your Family XMas cards turned out great. And I love that outfit. Fuzzy hot pink sweater is gorgeous. I think both bright pink and leopard are great to wear around the holidays. =)
ReplyDeleteWelcome by Thursdays to link your fabulous style with me. I also think you'd like my last two style posts dressed up velvet for both me and for little Vivian, too. Happy Hump Day!!
Ada =))