Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Show and Tell - What's In My Bag

 I'm joining Andrea today for her monthly link up Show and Tell Tuesday, which was delayed to Wednesday. Sometimes I feel like this is the story for my life. LOL Running one day behind. I'll get it all done, but frequently it's right on the wire and for someone with pretty good organizational skills that math just doesn't add up.


So this is probably my favorite bag. I like a bag with a little structure because it's easier to keep things "in place". When we had a mud room my purse lived in there, but now the garage comes right into the kitchen so it's home is usually a bar stool.


I'm always looking for at least one exterior pocket on any bag I buy to hold my phone. I like it to be easily accessible. Check out this bag and it's cute stud detail.


Now I'd love to tell you it's this neat and tidy all the time, but that would be a big ol' lie. I forgot to take a picture before removing everything so I took one once it was all back in. This is how it would  look in a perfect world.


1~ I've been carrying my keys on a small holder similar this for years. (options here & here) My license can be seen through a "window" on the back making it easy when someone asks for ID and it has a couple of my credit cards in there so I can grab this and my cell phone if I need to just run a quick errand.

2~ A little bag to contain small things like an Advil container, roller ball perfume, nail clippers and pony tail holders.

3~ Wet Ones. Once a mom, always a mom. I just prefer to wipe my hands off instead of hand sanitizer.

4~ Tissues...because tissues!

5~ A Rodan + Fields mini facial. I always keep at least on of these in purse for an opportunity to share my favorite skin care products with someone.

6~ Lipsticks and gloss

7~ I love this wallet. I'd love to be able to ditch a wallet since I carry my keys with some credit cards, but this has more credit cards๐Ÿ™„ and coupons and punch cards and on and on.

8~ So this is where it might seem weird. Yes, I carry a little bottle of Stevia. Since (mostly) giving up diet soda I drink unsweet tea, but I like to sweeten it and this is my favorite. I don't want to use artificial sweeteners and you can't count on restaurants having other options so I just carry my own. (and this Walmart brand is better than all the others I've tried...that's a whole other post)

9~ A stack of coupons because...yes, I'm a bargain shopper!

10~ My glasses. Sadly I have to have my glasses with bifocals (hello old eyes) with me at all times. I've even graduated to prescription sunglasses with bifocals.๐Ÿ˜ฉ

11~ GUM!

And of course what's missing from this picture? My cell phone! I was using it to take the picture.

So that's what's in my purse. I have a tote I carry when I travel that holds my laptop, planner, chargers and my jewelry. 

What's in your bag? I keep trying to pare it down because bags can be heavy before you add all your stuff and then it's like a suitcase.

Happy Wednesday friends. Only 2 more sleeps until Friday!!!



24 comments :

  1. Love that hot pink wallet! I have a neutral purse and a bright wallet and always love pairing my bags and wallets that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I love looking in my purse and seeing the pop of pink too. Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Well, Lisa, that's an interesting collection! I pared down bags when I had shoulder problems. The bags crept in over the years but on retirement I ditched the bags and started using pockets most of the time. Yes, it's a bit bloke-ish but it works for me! I usually carry phone, small purse (wallet), chapstick, car keys and a couple of tissues. And if I spread all of that around the pockets I (hopefully) don't look too lumpy! Hugs, x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to quit carrying a shoulder bag because I developed a lump on my shoulder. Pockets sound like a good plan. Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  3. You are so tidy! I love a sturdier bag as well and hello fellow gum lover! Cannot live without it and the green Extra used to be my favorite but they change the formula. I still like it but my gum of choice right now is the orbit sweet mint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just happened to get a peek on a good day๐Ÿ˜‰, it could just as easily have been a hot mess. I buy gum in bulk at Costco.๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll have to give the Orbit a whirl...LOL Happy Wednesday beautiful friend!!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. You are SO organized! I forgot how to use a purse in the throes of time with a diaper bag, so I'm just now starting to look for a good one! Also, tell me about these mini facials, please! I've heard so much about them, and I'm desperate for a complexion pick-me-up :) happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, it's in my blood! Diaper bag days are what made me start carrying a larger wallet so I could just throw it in the bag and hit the road. I got mine at the Kate Spade outlet. If you have one near you, you can get some great deals. Send me your email and I will happily send you a mini-facial to try. It has 3 of my favorite products in it, and you'll love them. I hope you've been having a grand week sweet girl!! XOXO

      Delete
  5. We are in fact soul sisters, I have nearly the same things in my bag. Including the glasses and yes I had to finally breakdown and get prescription sunglasses. I miss my young eyes that worked without any assistance, in fact, that's one of my only complaints about aging! And yes,I like a bag with a little structure. In fact, since I switched over to my cognac Michael Kors bag I'm realizing it all the more, the bag has no structure and I can't find anything. It's now on the chopping block and I'll be on the hunt for a new, structured bag!
    Happy Wednesday my sweet friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we are soul sisters! I need to find a black bag with structure. Mine is too loosey goosey for my liking. Good luck back at school tomorrow. Hope the AC works and all goes smoothly. How's Nolan feeling? I hope all the meds have kicked in and he's back up and running❤️ XOXO

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing. I'd be embarrassed to open my purse and dump everything out to share because mines a huge mess. LOL , I carry Wet Wipes too, it's totally a mom thing ! I carry gum too, I never thought of carrying Stevia but seriously a great idea !!! Love your purse by the way is it Kate Spade ?? Happy Wednesday Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy! Wet Ones are a mom's best friend even after the kids are gone.๐Ÿ˜‰ My purse is Michael Kors and I got it at either TJMaxx or Marshall's a couple of years ago. There was a black and white striped one at Ross this summer I wish I'd bought. Oh well. Hope you are having a great week! XOXO

      Delete
  7. I think I'm going to invest in a teacher tote bag soon. I don't bring a computer back and forth to work any more, so I need something to corral my junk! Love that your wet wipes were on Target clearance, too! A girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yep, you don't get much more real than that๐Ÿ˜‰. I grabbed up a bunch of them on sale. My friend I stay with in N'ville gave me a Tory Burch tote her sister gave her that she never used. SCORE! That's what I carry to my bible study and on the plane when I travel.

      Delete
  8. Well, this post could have been done by me. I have most of the same stuff in my purse as you. I have to have my stuff with me "just in case." Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea! Naturally if I try to leave something out that very day I'll need it. Why is that? LOL Hope you are having a great week!!

      Delete
  9. i love these kinds of posts! i'm trying to pare down my bag too but it just piles up so easily. love your classy bag!

    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kileen! It's so hard to pare down. As soon as you take something out, that's when you need it๐Ÿ˜œ. Have a good rest of the week.

      Delete
  10. I thought the same about my cell phone...and then I reminded myself it is rarely, rarely actually IN my bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth?! Mine is usually in my hand, which is rather pathetic in a way. I keep it with me all the time now that the kids are gone in case they ever need me. Of course poor Benny called me at 5 am today and the ringer was off so he called the landline (yes, I love my landline) A glass slipped out of his hand and broke and a chunk of glass hit his thigh and cut it open. He wanted my advice on going to the dr. I said yes, go and 8 stitches later...poor guy. Not a great way to start his day. Hope you've had a great day!

      Delete
  11. I love these types of posts and getting to peak at what's in your bag! Your tote is so cute and I love your bright pink wallet!

    Jill
    Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I love that pink wallet too. It is fun to see in other women's bags...it's like a peak in their minds...LOL Have a great weekend!!! XO

      Delete
  12. I love What's in My Bag? posts! Having a key holder like that is such a good idea! My wallet is enormous because it can also be a small purse, but it's hard to part with such convenience. You've given some options, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to get a peek in other people's bags. Like visiting their homes. I love having that key holder with a few of my cards in it and my DL. If you have a Kate Spade outlet near by they carrying them from time to time and have awesome sales. Happy Sunday Jess!❤️

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...