Good morning friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Ours was about as low key as they come and I didn't hate it. 😉
Today I'm sharing with you a remix of some closet staples I purchased during the fall.
This long cardigan has been a great addition to my closet. Sometimes I purchase something wondering how much I'll wear it and it becomes a favorite. Conversely, sometimes I buy something just knowing I'll wear it all the time and then I hardly ever do. Gotta' be honest, hate it when that happens.
The long sleeve peplum tee is such a great stand alone piece, but also makes for a great layering piece. Knowing how I feel about regular tees and the way they fit my short-waisted self, this peplum is the perfect alternative and has personality too.
When I purchased these raw hem jeans from Old Navy last spring (option / option) I had no idea how much I'd end up loving them. This pair has "built in sculpt" and they are so comfortable and keep everything tucked in right where it should be. These jeans are one of my most worn pairs.
Alex and Ani bracelets are really fun layering bracelets. I like to wear a mix of gold and silver and these allow me to do just that. You can get them with all different themes and express your personality.
I also added one of my favorite Kendra Scott necklaces. This was my very first KS purchase 2 years ago and started a love affair I didn't see coming. I now have quite a few KS pieces and they are probably my most worn. This necklace is the gunmetal finish and is no longer being sold (that I can find), but KS stores have what is called a "color bar" and they can make this necklace for you. You can go in an create your own combination of metals and stones if they don't have what you are looking for. Be sure you stop in a store during your birthday month and treat yourself to a half price piece.
I hope maybe you are enjoying a day off today. Kent is off and we may go explore some area we haven't been to yet. Have a wonderful week!
Shop the post
Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading. I love comments and getting to know you better. These are affiliate links and anytime you purchase through them are you are helping me support this space.







Oooh day date! YES! Looking cute and fierce angel lady! Enjoy this sweet day! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! We had fun going down to Palo Alto. What a cute town and we drove around Stanford. Hope your week got off on the best foot! XO
DeleteOh Lisa, EVERY day is a day off for this old retired bird!
ReplyDeleteYou've found yourself some workhorse pieces to wear time and time again at this time of year. And a pretty piece of jewellery is all that's needed to ring the changes. Super combo. But please get off the road, there's a car coming up behind you!!!
Hugs, x.
LOL Mary, You are a hoot! Thanks for reading and commenting sweet lady. Retirement is much closer for us than it use to be. Hope you are having a great start to this week. XO
DeleteOh yes, I do the very same thing, buy a piece I know I just can't live without and then never wear it. When will I learn??? I am all about the long cardigan, I swear I could wear one everyday if it were cool enough. I really like that peplum tee but I don't think it will work on me and my big chest. That's the problem with being short waisted and large chested - I look like one big blob or pregnant! A eplum can be my friend or my foe, I never know. And there I go again channeling my inner Dr. Seuss, ha!
ReplyDeleteHope you and Kent have a fun day exploring!
Hugs sweet friend!
xo,
Kellyann
This cardigan is really light weight and comes in gray😉. I'm trying not to buy any more "winter" clothes for now and start focusing on spring. I ordered some stuff from Loft yesterday. We had a good day just goofing around. Hope your getting in the groove of the new job and working from home. You make an awesome Dr. Seuss😘 XOXO
DeleteThese are great closet staples! I love how they can be worn so many ways! I just got a couple peplum tops and need to try layering them like you did with yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura! I really need to do a better job of mixing up the pieces I already have and not falling in the trap of buying things to only wear certain ways. Can't wait to see you style your peplums. Happy Tuesday! XO
DeleteYou look so cute! AND you just reminded me that I need to find my Alex and Ani bracelets! I haven't worn them in forever and completely forgot about them!
ReplyDeleteWell thank you sweet friend! YES! Find your bracelets. Isn't it funny how we can actually forget we have something. Crazy! XO
DeleteI have to check out the Old Navy sculpted jeans! They look great on you!
ReplyDelete--Roxanne
http://glassofglam.com
Thanks Roxanne! They are great jeans. Comfy all while holding you in. Have a great day! XO
DeleteDon't forget to take in Kent during his birthday month!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa! I sure will. His is the month before mine. Have a great day! XO
DeleteLovely casual style, thanks for sharing via the link-up. Jacqui
ReplyDeletewww.mummabstylish.com
Thank you Jacqui! Have a great week! XO
DeleteI love each and every one of these closet staples! Especially the long cardigan and those old navy jeans, they're my favorite!
ReplyDeleteBrooke
pumps and push-ups
You are a cardigan queen sweet girl! XO
DeleteOkay, I love everything about this outfit from the cardigan to the lovely jewelry. And, it doesn't hurt that you wear it well! I have jeans, white tops out the kazoo and a black cardigan just like this. I may have to wear it one day. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYou should and take a selfie! I'd love to see it. Hope your week is off to a great start! XO
DeleteThis looks like an outfit you'd find me in most days! I love all of it. I actually just ordered that top - we'll see if it looks good on me since I'm tall.
ReplyDeleteI bet it will look great. I think it's plenty long...of course I'm also short waisted. HA! This kind of outfit is like the easiest math problem. Sweater + Shirt = DONE😁
DeleteLove that long cardigan ! I'm just at 5ft. 0 and I'm wondering if that cardigan would touch the ground if I wore it. It looks fabulous on you :) Have a great day !
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Tammy! I really didn't think I'd be able to wear it because of the length, but was pleasantly surprised. I'm just under 5'3". You can always try it and then just send it back if it's too long. That's one of the best parts about shopping at Nordstrom...free returns. Nothing lost! Have a great day! XO
DeleteI have those jeans!!! I finally have something fashionable haha I love long cardigans, too, but I've yet to find something that flatters my super-short frame. You look lovely, and that necklace is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYAY! We're twins!!! How tall are you Melissa? I'm pretty "compact" myself. Just under 5'3". I didn't think I'd be able to pull this sweater off, and was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for always being so sweet! XOXO
DeleteI really like my burgundy duster! I will probably wear it more outside the house, tho, once it warms up a bit. I don't like wearing it with a coat, it just looks weird with the two lengths (I think). I REALLY love that peplum top and I see they have it in gray, too! I pinned it, may need to get it in white and gray! lol!
ReplyDeleteCarrie
curlycraftymom.com
Yeah, I wouldn't wear it under a coat. That's honestly one of my favorite things about living in CA...I hardly ever wear a coat. Which also explains my newly acquired love of cardis. I kinda wonder if I should get it in gray too...I love gray shirts. :)
DeleteCute outfit!! I want to love peplums but just can't seem to do it! I don't know what it is!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess. That's okay. They aren't for everyone. ;)
DeleteSome of my favorite things in one outfit, Lisa! Raw hemmed denim, long cardigan, suede booties, and Alex and Ani bracelets! You look fabulous as always! Thanks so much for linking up with me!
ReplyDeleteShelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com
Thanks Shelbee. Those jeans are some of my very favs. I just love that raw hem. You are so sweet. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! XO
DeleteHi Lisa, I just wanted to pop by again and let you know that this post will be a featured favorite on tomorrow's #SpreadTheKindness Link Up!
DeleteShelbee
Well thank you so much Shelbee! That's such a fun way to start my Monday!!! Have a great week! XOXO
Delete